reallynervous

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 392XR, 2015 GC Summit
Suck it! I'm getting my Jeep soon. :D

Jeep Wrangler JL Looks like chip shortage is real, lot of closures at Toledo OH plant 1639771731304
I got that same guy last time I reached out. Unfortunately, he didn't have any latest good news for me...

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
No worries guys. The shutdowns appear to be tied to my orders.

When I ordered in June *poof* a one week shutdown shortly thereafter due to parts.
I ordered again yesterday and *poof* another shutdown.

I can't even imagine the logistics that goes into vehicle production even during normal times, but think, even if they are missing one tiny, insignificant part, they can't finish the unit, not that chips are insignificant. :)

In the end there is nothing any of us can do about it.

reallynervous

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 392XR, 2015 GC Summit
No worries guys. The shutdowns appear to be tied to my orders.

When I ordered in June *poof* a one week shutdown shortly thereafter due to parts.
I ordered again yesterday and *poof* another shutdown.

I can't even imagine the logistics that goes into vehicle production even during normal times, but think, even if they are missing one tiny, insignificant part, they can't finish the unit, not that chips are insignificant. :)

In the end there is nothing any of us can do about it.
Please stop ordering Jeeps...please!

Sponsored

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
I’ve posted this a few times. I am in the board component space (to the non-nerds, we sell items that enable communication of remote devices, such as power generators). So, I have a little too much knowledge on the chip shortage.

As big as automakers are, they are pretty small buyers compared to tech giants (Apple sells more iPhones alone than cars are sold worldwide each year by all brands), so as big as Stellantis may be, their calls aren’t returned as fast as you would think. When they cancelled their orders, it pushed them even further down the list.

Things are starting to show signs of improving, but it will be at least 12 more months of delays … glad I could put you in a bad mood! =)

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer

Dond330

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4xe
I’ve posted this a few times. I am in the board component space (to the non-nerds, we sell items that enable communication of remote devices, such as power generators). So, I have a little too much knowledge on the chip shortage.

As big as automakers are, they are pretty small buyers compared to tech giants (Apple sells more iPhones alone than cars are sold worldwide each year by all brands), so as big as Stellantis may be, their calls aren’t returned as fast as you would think. When they cancelled their orders, it pushed them even further down the list.

Things are starting to show signs of improving, but it will be at least 12 more months of delays … glad I could put you in a bad mood! =)
How many chips are in an automobile compared to a phone?
Sponsored