Looking up or locating Engine Number?

thundermuffin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Soft top
So I’m about to ship out to Central Asia for work, and the vehicle shipping company requires the ‘engine number’ in addition to the VIN.

I took my Jeep into the dealership, thinking that it would be a simple lookup I their system.

Apparently, there is no way to find the engine number without spending several hours and several hundred dollars taking the Jeep apart.

Before I schedule another service appointment, does anyone know if there is an easier way to locate the engine number? I’m having a hard time believing that FCA does not have a record of which engine is installed in which vehicle.

Thank you in advance!
Sponsored

OP
OP
thundermuffin

thundermuffin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Soft top
Thanks! Unfortunately that gives the engine specs, but not the ‘engine number’ which is apparently serialized and unique to each engine. Part of me is leaning towards making one up, since if they are that hard to get to physically, and don’t exist in the FCA databases, then the chances that it will ever be positively verified are next to nil.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
Thanks! Unfortunately that gives the engine specs, but not the ‘engine number’ which is apparently serialized and unique to each engine. Part of me is leaning towards making one up, since if they are that hard to get to physically, and don’t exist in the FCA databases, then the chances that it will ever be positively verified are next to nil.
I would imagine that theres got to be. Everything on the assembly line has a barcode. And gets scanned before going into a Jeep. It's how they manage the inventory in the plant. Now how to get that I'm not real sure other than calling Toledo.

Sponsored

OP
OP
thundermuffin

thundermuffin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Soft top
I think I found it! It matches the description I read elsewhere of a 'dot matrix printer style etching' underneath the Jeep. I tried googling the number, and it didn't return anything Mopar or Jeep related, so I don't think it's a part number. Does this look right?

IMG_1311.jpg

pablosauli

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I think I found it! It matches the description I read elsewhere of a 'dot matrix printer style etching' underneath the Jeep. I tried googling the number, and it didn't return anything Mopar or Jeep related, so I don't think it's a part number. Does this look right?

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking up or locating Engine Number? IMG_1311
I am into the same issue. Was the number that you found correct?

OP
OP
thundermuffin

thundermuffin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Soft top

John Galt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I also used this number for shipping abroad, no issues whatsoever. Good luck, hope you get a container faster than we did, Jeep sat in NYC for 2 1/2 months 😩

PMGP1941

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR XR Sarge
Occupation
Nobody
Thanks to OP for this thread ... I'm using this same number for my shipping docs.
Sponsored