First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Just bought a Sahara Altitude in November. Here’s what I would have added after the fact. Love the car though!

1. Sele-trac/full time 4WD
2. LSD/anti spin rear differential axle
3. One Touch Up all windows. Oh yeah this isn’t an option ;)

Great car. The wife and I are loving it. You’re family is going to latch onto it quickly. I’m sure.
Sponsored

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
@JeezAJeep - yep, I got that one wrong... didn't see it buried in the package option listed below.

Thanks to everybody on this board for the feedback and advice. Fortunately/unfortunately, I've learned so much in the past 24 hours that it no longer looks like I am getting a car this week --- short term, this sucks, but definitely better in the long term.

Based on this board, I now have added the Advanced Safety Pkg and the Full Time 4WD to my config - probably going to eliminate tow pkg. I also leaned about 'Tread Lightly', the MSRP/Discount calculator, and of the preferred dealers/pricing section which will save me $$$. Probably gonna stick with HA ---actually like the exterior look of Willys better, but don't want to lose the HA seats/trim.

Hoping to select a dealer and finalize a deposit in the next 1-2 days... wonder what else I'll learn b/t now and then that would further impact my build.

I'm used to waiting a lot longer for my cars to be arrive from Germany ---- tracking the car carrier online as it slowly moves accross the Atlantic is agonizing --- 4-6 weeks from Toledo seems a lot easier. After a bunch of years and cars, still love getting a new toy/car. Can't wait for our 1st Jeep.

Thanks again everybody - really appreciate the feedback.
Reach out to Leon at Criswell in Maryland. 7% off invoice no haggling required! Just email him and mention you heard about him on the Jeep Forum. Placed my order a week ago process has been flawless.

kmmn

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary EcoDiesel, 2013 JK Sport & 2014 JK Sport
It took me a couple of months to decide what to order. Find a dealer with some inventory and test the 2.0 and 3.6 in the same trim level, so you have the same tires, suspension and gearing. (A 2.0 Rubicon and 2.0 Sahara will feel different). Then drive different trim levels with the engine you like, to see how they feel... One variable at a time... They're all good options... It just comes down to what you like... Good luck

OP
OP

jhav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 BMW M4 (MT), '21 JLU HA, '22 JLUR 4xe
Great day - put a deposit down on my new build. The info shared with me on this board/thread was extremely helpful. In addition to the options mentioned earlier, I ended up adding selc-trac 4wd and the tow pkg to my build. Now, as Tom Petty would say, comes the hardest part. Looking foward to taking delivery in the next 4-8 weeks! Couldn't be more pumped for the new toy to arrive.

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

Great day - put a deposit down on my new build. The info shared with me on this board/thread was extremely helpful. In addition to the options mentioned earlier, I ended up adding selc-trac 4wd and the tow pkg to my build. Now, as Tom Petty would say, comes the hardest part. Looking foward to taking delivery in the next 4-8 weeks! Couldn't be more pumped for the new toy to arrive.
Congratulations!

Smart move on the tow package...be sure to post a photo upon delivery! :like::jk:

Sponsored

Obispo325

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Tahoe and hopefully a Bright White JLUR
You should get what you want and teach your daughter how to drive a stick. It will make it harder for her to be on her phone when she’s driving if she is changing gears all the time. Just sayin.

OP
OP

jhav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 BMW M4 (MT), '21 JLU HA, '22 JLUR 4xe
@Obispo325 - My daughter is learning to drive stick on my daily driver - she's not there yet, but getting better. My challenge is my SO who has zero interest/desire to learn a manual at this point.

Since this will be a 3rd car that all of us will be driving at various points, and given that we already have a MT in the house, a MT Jeep wouldn't be practical.

That said, long live the MT!

Obispo325

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Tahoe and hopefully a Bright White JLUR
@Obispo325 - My daughter is learning to drive stick on my daily driver - she's not there yet, but getting better. My challenge is my SO who has zero interest/desire to learn a manual at this point.

Since this will be a 3rd car that all of us will be driving at various points, and given that we already have a MT in the house, a MT Jeep wouldn't be practical.

That said, long live the MT!
🙌
Sponsored