Sponsored

Looking to purchase 4xe from dealer in Idaho

First Name
Ezra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
I am thinking of placing my Rubicon 4xe order with Dennis Dillon of Boise, Idaho. I want to hear about peoples experiences with this dealer. I live in Southern California. Everyone wants over MSRP here. I found this dealer to offer the best discount on the new 4xe. Thing is just because it's the best deal I don't want to wait a year to get the car. I want a dealer that gets a large amount of allocations to be built. I don't even know how big of a dealership this is. Would love to hear opinions on this dealership.
Sponsored

orejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Snazzberry Sahara
I placed my 4xe order with them (through Ben) just last week and so far have been completely impressed by his service level. All the paperwork was in order for the deal we agreed to, they placed the order over the weekend and he called today to let me know they had the vin and emailed me the build sheet with all the details. So far, so good!

If you do a search of these forums, you will find older posts of people frustrated with them and warning to read all the details and make sure the financing office doesn't slip in anything extra. There is some security label they had tried to charge for, but all those who disputed it said it was removed. I am someone who reads the fine print and can say no to last minute add ons, so I am comfortable working past that bit.

Message me if you want to chat about it in any more detail, but that should cover the basics.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
There are forum friendly dealers and they are now only a handful. Lots of good salespeople in those businesses who want the volume sales and will be willing to sell at phenomenal pricing where most dealers won’t.

I can’t speak to the 4xE or 392 but I would definitely recommend finding one of these dealers and contacting them with the intent to commit and buy.

Hint: really make sure you’re serious, ready to commit and aren’t going to take their pricing and shop around. Because if you do, you will most likely get laughed at, ignored or both: the deals are that good.

One final bit of advice: don’t get greedy. You won’t find better pricing and you most likely won’t be able to get pricing any lower.

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
I ordered my 2021 ecodiesel through Kent Shutleff @ Peterson Jeep in Nampa (next to Boise). Dennis Dillon wasn't even close in price at the time. Good experience. Drove up the morning of delivery, quick test drive and paperwork signing, then on the road for home in maybe 90 minutes or less.

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
Peterson, Dillon or Dave Smith. I've purchased from DD and DS and been happy with both. Both work hard to sell you aftermarket sealants, warranties and dodads but then al the dealers do that. Takes a couple of hours in the store to complete the deal. Neither would offer any additional deal other than the first price offer. Just make sure you have them quote the OTD price to avoid any questions. You may have to finance through them to get their bottom line price but they are no penalty next week payoffs. Works best if you can bring a bank check for the amount agreed, that speeds the process thru the finance guy.
Sponsored