Sponsored

Looking to order 2021 80th Anniversary 2 dr.

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Looking to order a 2021 80th anniversary 2 dr. In either Snazzberry or Granite Crystal with hardtop.

Is the ordering cut off around the first week of June?

Looking at:
Hardtop headliner
Advanced Safety Group
LED Headlamp and Fog
Safety Group
Cold Weather Group

Not sure the need for anti-spin differential.

Unfortunately looks like proximity keyless is only available with the $2,350/2,550 packages. Nor are side window defrost.
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
The rear diff is a call only you can make. The traction/stability control do a good job in most situations though.

The factory hardtop headliner is so so in my opinion. The piece over the rear window wont stay up on mine, even though I added velcro. I doubt I would get it again.

Also, just so you know. The front fenders will get regular turn signal/running lights, not LEDs. The package states LED headlights and fog lights. The safety package will get you LED taillights.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
If you live where snow is a thing, I’d get the LSD.

I got the Mopar headliner after-the-fact. Two years later it is holding in place well.

Yes, ordering usually ends in late spring. But things are weird this year due to chip shortages. I’d give myself an extra month of cushion —i.e., May. Ford, GM and FCA have all announced temporary plant layoffs due to part shortages.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I wouldn't get the headliner option. I feel I could do something of better quality and cooler for similar or less money... Same reason I am putting Katzkin in my Jeep.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't get the headliner option. I feel I could do something of better quality and cooler for similar or less money... Same reason I am putting Katzkin in my Jeep.
I did the Katzkin, too. Leather seats look great, but I didn’t save any money.

The factory leather seats are $1,500. The lowest price I found for aftermarket Katzkin was $600 + free shipping. I attempted to do the upholstery replacement myself, but the job was beyond my skill level. So it was another $900 in labor.

Katzkin are an excellent alternative if your Jeep came without leather seats, like mine did. But if I were placing a factory order and wanted leather seats, I’d just click on the option box.

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I did the Katzkin, too. Leather seats look great, but I didn’t save any money.

The factory leather seats are $1,500. The lowest price I found for aftermarket Katzkin was $600 + free shipping. I attempted to do the upholstery replacement myself, but the job was beyond my skill level. So it was another $900 in labor.

Katzkin are an excellent alternative if your Jeep came without leather seats, like mine did. But if I were placing a factory order and wanted leather seats, I’d just click on the option box.
I actually use to be an authorized installer (in my early to mid 20's I did upholstery; now work in aviation) and I find Katzkin to be great value. To the point, I wouldn't do it from scratch for basic designs. I am happy with their quality and it's just more efficient to go that route... But will say, I would happily install them again for $900.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
A good reason to get the LSD is that you will then get the D44/M220 rear axle. I forgot to mention that part.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Just to clarify about the ordering process being shut down. Is this because the 2022s will begin production soon? I actually need a new car and want to buy a JLUR for myself, but I just want to see the build sheet and confirm if U Connect 5 is coming. And while this may be wishful thinking I’m hoping for a few other standard and/or optional features to compete with bronco. 🤞🏼

OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Can you get the running lights and turn signal lights swapped out?

The rear diff is a call only you can make. The traction/stability control do a good job in most situations though.

The factory hardtop headliner is so so in my opinion. The piece over the rear window wont stay up on mine, even though I added velcro. I doubt I would get it again.

Also, just so you know. The front fenders will get regular turn signal/running lights, not LEDs. The package states LED headlights and fog lights. The safety package will get you LED taillights.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
There are many threads about that. The aftermarket hasn't come out with a light assembly similar to the factory LEDs found in the fenders of Rubicons and Saharas. I was a little disappointed that mine had regular fender lights, even though I had the LED pkg. I'm sure the aftermarket will respond soon enough. There is an LED switchback bulb available to replace the halogen bulb in the fender, but it's not the same as a dedicated light assembly. You can't just replace the assembly with an LED one, as they are not interchangeable.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Thoughts on color, this particular trim, and configuration?

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Thoughts on color, this particular trim, and configuration?
Go bold... I actually thought Sting Gray was unique until I bought it, now I see them everywhere now. But I still like it. My second choice was Sarge Green and 3rd was Hella Yella (if I had ordered, probably would have went this route)

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
The 80th has Sahara fenders with LED turn signals and running light. It is not like the rest of the sport variations.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
My only issue with Granite Crystal color on the 80th is all the accents & emblems are already gray.