Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
Hello!
I’m looking to light the night up and looking for some recommendations. I can’t go any higher or I’ll hit my garage door, but I found this Quadratec interior light bar that has good reviews:

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking To Light the Night with a Few Questions 1633372179588

Anyone use this?

Also, what other recommendations do you all have?

I have the trailer tow group with the 700 amp battery. Will this suffice for a bunch of LED lights (as shown above and on the hood, grille, and possibly rear of the Jeep)?

Thanks!
Jason
Sponsored

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
Last weekend I went four wheeling with a friend who has one on his JT, and I spent a few minutes checking it out. I like the way it mounts, and he tells me there is absolutely no light bleed around the window seal when the light is on. When I got back home I checked it out on Quadratec's website. They have an installation video, and it looks super easy to install. My friend tells me it puts out a lot of light, but according to the specs, light output isn't that great, at just 10,000 lumens. I have a Rigid light bar on the front of my Can Am Defender that is only 10" long that puts out 15,000 lumens. I do like the fact that the light has both white LEDs and amber LEDs. My friend used the amber LEDs on the 145 mile dirt portion of our exploring trip that day. Since he was driving behind me, and in the dust, the amber lights made it really easy for me to see how far behind me he was in the dust.

It looks like a good option to me. I would use one of these far before using an external mounted light bar across the top of the windshield. Sorry, but every Tom, Dick, and Harry has one of those, and most of them were bought at K-mart. When I see one I immediately think "cheap build".

As for other recommendations, I plan on using an Addictive Desert Designs front bumper that has a light bar mount incorporated into the bumper. A 20" Rigid light bar for that application puts out 35,000 lumens. And when combined with 4 Rigid pod lights mounted on top of the bumper it increases light output to 70,000 lumens, plus whatever the OEM headlight put out.

OP
OP
JasonInDLH

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
Last weekend I went four wheeling with a friend who has one on his JT, and I spent a few minutes checking it out. I like the way it mounts, and he tells me there is absolutely no light bleed around the window seal when the light is on. When I got back home I checked it out on Quadratec's website. They have an installation video, and it looks super easy to install. My friend tells me it puts out a lot of light, but according to the specs, light output isn't that great, at just 10,000 lumens. I have a Rigid light bar on the front of my Can Am Defender that is only 10" long that puts out 15,000 lumens. I do like the fact that the light has both white LEDs and amber LEDs. My friend used the amber LEDs on the 145 mile dirt portion of our exploring trip that day. Since he was driving behind me, and in the dust, the amber lights made it really easy for me to see how far behind me he was in the dust.

It looks like a good option to me. I would use one of these far before using an external mounted light bar across the top of the windshield. Sorry, but every Tom, Dick, and Harry has one of those, and most of them were bought at K-mart. When I see one I immediately think "cheap build".

As for other recommendations, I plan on using an Addictive Desert Designs front bumper that has a light bar mount incorporated into the bumper. A 20" Rigid light bar for that application puts out 35,000 lumens. And when combined with 4 Rigid pod lights mounted on top of the bumper it increases light output to 70,000 lumens, plus whatever the OEM headlight put out.
Thanks for the information!

I have the 3.6L eTorque with no alternator (just the belt driven motor generator) so I’m at a loss of how many accessories I can add without draining my battery while driving as this technology is all new to me. Any idea?

OP
OP
JasonInDLH

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
Dang it. Just noticed that light bar is incompatible with the Sky One Touch top (which I have). Back to the drawing boards.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Dang it. Just noticed that light bar is incompatible with the Sky One Touch top (which I have). Back to the drawing boards.
I've got the 2.0 with eTorque. Not a single hiccup after installing a bunch of lighting, a 12k winch, and on-board air.

Instead of clunky light bars, what about pod lights? I get about the same amount of lumins from 1 pair of my Baja Designs Squadron Pros or just 1 of the amber LP4 Pros.

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking To Light the Night with a Few Questions 20210920_101343_resized
Jeep Wrangler JL Looking To Light the Night with a Few Questions 20210127_200435
Jeep Wrangler JL Looking To Light the Night with a Few Questions 20210218_223121

Sponsored

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
I have pods and light bars, Diode Dynamics pro driving pods are awesome!

the real question is what type of night driving are you doing?

fast needs spots and/or driving beams

slow needs floods and fogs, or wide beams

I use lights for work sometimes. sometimes just like driving at night when its hot so I have a mix of pods and light bars.

as far as your setup I don't know how many accessories you can run, but a few high quality pod lights can really light up a big area.
Sponsored

Last edited: