Looking for water storage ideas for camping in Jeep

Logan-Kn

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Rubicon
Hey all, I’m looking for water storage ideas for my camping trip that won’t break the bank. I normally camp in my Jeep on an air mattress with my girlfriend and a dog so space is a premium. I’m looking to store about 4-5 gallons.
Sponsored

JeepinPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR, '95 Land Cruiser
Reliance Aqua Tainer, 8 gal cube works well.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
i like Dromedary bags.

you can get them in lots of different sizes, they're flexible (when they're not full) so they stuff into irregular spaces between other freight, and they roll up to take up almost no space when they're emptied.

Hey all, I’m looking for water storage ideas for my camping trip that won’t break the bank. I normally camp in my Jeep on an air mattress with my girlfriend and a dog so space is a premium. I’m looking to store about 4-5 gallons.

randeeezy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JL Willys
Mount a bag on your spare tire and load it up with some gallon jugs . . . no need to spend hella money on "specialty" branded items "made for jeeps" that do the same thing

Sponsored

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
i have wolverine water bags i love them - and they fold flat when not used made in usa
and i can purchase 3 for the price of others !! super tough as well , iv had mine 4 years now
just clean them in between fillings .. great bags
https://wolverinetuff.com/product-category/outdoors/

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Cheap DIY can work very well here. A 4" PVC pipe 2 ft long will hold just under 6 gallons. Mount it somewhere. Put 5 gallons in it, add a Schrader valve for your compressor, a small hose and valve, you have yourself a water system.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Cheap DIY can work very well here. A 4" PVC pipe 2 ft long will hold just under 6 gallons. Mount it somewhere. Put 5 gallons in it, add a Schrader valve for your compressor, a small hose and valve, you have yourself a water system.
Hmm... about 1.3 gallons by my math.

Sponsored

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Double checked it. Yeah, I'm not mathing today. No clue how I came up with that.
How about 6" pipe, 4ft long.
Now you talking'... still not a bad idea. :like:

OP
OP
Logan-Kn

Logan-Kn

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Rubicon
ya know, ive been tossing around the idea of a pipe and mounting it horizontally on my roll bar.

OP
OP
Logan-Kn

Logan-Kn

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Rubicon
Basic 5 gallon jug. There's no reason it has to be inside the Jeep when you're sleeping inside. Take it out for cooking and cleanup, then leave it out while sleeping, then put it back in when you pack up to go.

https://www.big5sportinggoods.com/s...iller-water-carrier/0735101781440/_/A-7120611
yeah, I used to do that until some animal tore open my 5-gallon water jug while I was sleeping. It was one of those big blue ones that go on water coolers. Now I'm paranoid about having them outside of the jeep on the ground.

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
yeah, I used to do that until some animal tore open my 5-gallon water jug while I was sleeping. It was one of those big blue ones that go on water coolers. Now I'm paranoid about having them outside of the jeep on the ground.
Wow. I haven't had that experience yet. I've had plenty of nocturnal visitors looking for food - mostly racoons.

Scepter cans are probably sturdy enough to avoid being torn open by anything but bears, and bears don't tend to frequent desert environments where water scarcity is a big issue.

But no longer really cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/Scepter-05935-Military-Water-Container/dp/B09GSB9DFB

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Set the jug on the roof or in the front seat.
Sponsored