Reaction score
Website
www.onward4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Traveler
Vehicle Showcase
no the tension rod comes un-assembled. How I put it together is explicitly spelled out in the video. There should have been a long silver bolt in the kit. That goes on the swingarm side. I think it is a tall spacer on the bottom and short spacer on top with 2 shims, one above and one below the spacers. I would have to undo mine to show you the setup so that’s not happening when it is already available. If you haven’t seen, I have installed the overland kit on the swingarm do it is harder to get to this part now. Sorry
Thanks. I understand. I would not want to take anything apart once done. It looks like the design has changed since you installed yours--or at least somewhat. The bolt on your video is longer and goes through three holes. Mine are short and only goes through the top and the next hole--it doesn't reach the third hole. Also, the plate where the holes are made is a bit at an angle which doesn't allow for the spacers... It's really different. I've been working with Anthony and looks like I am going to to Texas and have it all installed by Roam.
Sponsored

Rosco1983

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Everyone that has a frame mounted tire carrier with 40's please post pictures and provide a short review.

Does it rattle?
Installation issues? (none if taken to a shop :))
Etc....

I have the DV8 RBJL-02 (See previous thread for installation issues, etc.)
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/dv8-rbjl-02-frame-mounted-tire-carrier-bumper.28039/

DV8 advertised it will carry up to a 42" wheel. I am calling BS because it won't carry a 40 without rattling, sagging, scratching paint, etc. I have Fuel Zephyr -3.5 offset wheels w/40" Cooper STT Pros. It would probably be fine with a 35". I have decided to replace it with something else whatever it cost.

I prefer an Adventure series and am leaning toward the LOD Destroyer or something similar.

Here are a few pics of my current setup. I won't go into much detail unless someone asks, but you can see the issues.

20190801_110326.jpg

20190801_110358.jpg

20190801_110423.jpg

20190801_110429.jpg
I know thus is an old post but I just wanted to say I totally agree. It rattles and the lower bearing was getting water in it and I never knew. The bottom bearing went out and made for a hell of a time getting my tail gate opened. I switched to a rustys tire carrier and it's much better
Sponsored