Looking for someone with an ARB Drawer system installed in the Houston Area

YarrrMatey

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
I’m not looking to buy yours, but want to see how it fits in your Jeep, if you have a JL that would be ideal. Mainly, I’m looking at a drawer system vs a secure cargo(diabolical slipstream) system.

Thanks.
Sponsored

XTrooper

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Retired in the mountains of Northeastern PA
Website
xtrooper.net
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
Occupation
Retired New Jersey State Trooper
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not looking to buy yours, but want to see how it fits in your Jeep, if you have a JL that would be ideal. Mainly, I’m looking at a drawer system vs a secure cargo(diabolical slipstream) system.

Thanks.
I'm sorry you didn't get any replies. It seems the expense of the ARB roller drawer system makes it a bit of a rarity, at least here in the US.
Did you decide what to go with? I ask because I chose the ARB system and am currently awaiting its arrival which is scheduled for the middle of next week.

OP
OP

YarrrMatey

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
I'm sorry you didn't get any replies. It seems the expense of the ARB roller drawer system makes it a bit of a rarity, at least here in the US.
Did you decide what to go with? I ask because I chose the ARB system and am currently awaiting its arrival which is scheduled for the middle of next week.
I was considering another shelf option with Goose Gear, but the ARB is a bit more low key/blend into the interior than the Goose Gear product

https://www.goose-gear.com/collections/jeep-jlu

I'm also awaiting for my shipment, hopefully it'll arrive next week as well.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350

XTrooper

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
xtrooper.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I was considering another shelf option with Goose Gear, but the ARB is a bit more low key/blend into the interior than the Goose Gear product

I agree. I checked out the Goose Gear stuff myself, but it didn't do anything for me. Let me know how your installation goes and I'll do the same.

Sponsored

XTrooper

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
xtrooper.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Yeah, I like that outfit. Actually, I'm taking a serious look at their high-line fender brace.
It’s a terrific product, love the looks and function!

Brett

55F33EBD-8CD4-4C51-80B1-21EEBF5F9178.jpeg

XTrooper

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
xtrooper.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

I received my roller drawer system yesterday and installed it. The instructions are basically good, but leave a lot of blanks that you have to figure out for yourself. If you haven't installed yours yet and run into any trouble when you do, PM me and I'll do my best to help you with it.

OP
OP

YarrrMatey

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
I received my roller drawer system yesterday and installed it. The instructions are basically good, but leave a lot of blanks that you have to figure out for yourself. If you haven't installed yours yet and run into any trouble when you do, PM me and I'll do my best to help you with it.
I appreciate it, mine arrived on wednesday I havent had a chance to install it as my JLUR has been in the shop for the last 2 weeks. I may take you up on your offer as I have been looking for any installation videos.

Sponsored

XTrooper

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
xtrooper.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I appreciate it, mine arrived on wednesday I havent had a chance to install it as my JLUR has been in the shop for the last 2 weeks. I may take you up on your offer as I have been looking for any installation videos.
The only installation video I could find is for a JK and, thankfully, the procedure for installing it is completely different in many regards. It is harder and more complicated. The instructions are good when they actually cover a step, but there are huge gaps in the explanations of several steps. There are instances where the instructions will say do this or do that with no explanation as to how to do it. They also take for granted that you are familiar with their nomenclature and possibly some are, but I definitely was not so I had to figure out what they were talking about. If you do run into any issues or have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

OP
OP

YarrrMatey

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
The only installation video I could find is for a JK and, thankfully, the procedure for installing it is completely different in many regards. It is harder and more complicated. The instructions are good when they actually cover a step, but there are huge gaps in the explanations of several steps. There are instances where the instructions will say do this or do that with no explanation as to how to do it. They also take for granted that you are familiar with their nomenclature and possibly some are, but I definitely was not so I had to figure out what they were talking about. If you do run into any issues or have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.
@XTrooper Steve - thank you again for the information and assistance. I think I know why the ARB instructions aren’t as detailed...there are no one good way to do certain things. I had to reset the drawer as one of the nuts on the “hat” fell off.

One thing left is to measure out the dimensions to compensate for the Alpine subwoofer, I may have to employ a woodworking friend of mine.

XTrooper

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
xtrooper.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
@XTrooper Steve - thank you again for the information and assistance. I think I know why the ARB instructions aren’t as detailed...there are no one good way to do certain things. I had to reset the drawer as one of the nuts on the “hat” fell off.

One thing left is to measure out the dimensions to compensate for the Alpine subwoofer, I may have to employ a woodworking friend of mine.
You're very welcome, Matey! :like:

Look here regarding modifying the right side compartment for the Alpine subwoofer. These fellas did it.
http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/b...em-review-for-the-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-jl/

bwilson109

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hey Ken - I know this is an old thread, but I am interested to know your thoughts on this drawer system after 2 years of using it. I am also wondering if you have had issues with water getting into the space underneath.
Sponsored