Sponsored

Looking for some info on Evo 2.5 Plush ride springs.

KansasJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have dug thru just about every thread on this forum and I still haven’t figured out the absolute minimum bump stop you have to run with the 2.5 coils to keep from getting coil bind. I know shock’s and tire clearance is also a factor in setting up bumpstops but I’m not concerned about that with this question.
Sponsored

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
EVO is pretty tight-lipped about their spring specs. I have their 3.5” springs and run 2” of bumpstop extension, but that’s more to do with not over-compressing my shocks.

OP
OP
KansasJL

KansasJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I am leaning towards the eco springs as I like the fact each spring is corner specific. Trying to map out my build so I use the least amount of bumpstop to keep the springs from over compressing and then figure out what shocks I can pair with it without having to add more bumpstop.

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
The Synergy springs are corner specific also. I'm running their 3" lift springs, 3.5-4" lift Fox 2.5 DSCs and 2" bump stop and 37s. Rides great and no spring bow because of their flat front spring bases.

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
I have RockKrawler 3.5" springs. They are not side specific. I called EVO, and their attitude was such a turn off, I kept looking. Talked with Synergy and they talked a great deal about their springs, and how they are matched to the vehicle specific.

I am in the process of removing the RK and installing synergy. Will then have a good comparison between the 2.

I was really upset with the attitude from EVO, as they would not even answer questions about the weight testing, side specific, etc. I have spent a lot of money with EVO, and was willing to spend more.

Sponsored

OP
OP
KansasJL

KansasJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
That’s sad to hear about Evo. I will be curious to hear how the synergy springs compare to the RK ones.
I ran Johnny Joints on my TJ but I’m leaning heavily towards the metalcloak control arms mainly because I want to compare the two. Not having to grease the joints will be a nice bonus because I had to fight the Johnny Joints to take grease.
I told myself I was going to keep this build super simple and basic but.... you know how that goes.

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
I have RockKrawler 3.5" springs. They are not side specific. I called EVO, and their attitude was such a turn off, I kept looking. Talked with Synergy and they talked a great deal about their springs, and how they are matched to the vehicle specific.

I am in the process of removing the RK and installing synergy. Will then have a good comparison between the 2.

I was really upset with the attitude from EVO, as they would not even answer questions about the weight testing, side specific, etc. I have spent a lot of money with EVO, and was willing to spend more.

We’re you able to install the Synergy coil springs yet?

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We’re you able to install the Synergy coil springs yet?
Yes. I have put 1500 miles on them and wheeled them pretty hard yesterday. I love these springs. They offer the perfect mix for road and trail.

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Yes. I have put 1500 miles on them and wheeled them pretty hard yesterday. I love these springs. They offer the perfect mix for road and trail.
What size did you go with and how much actual lift did you get? Does your front end have any added weight?

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought the 3-4 inch spring, part number SYN-8863-30 and SYN-8864-30.

These are side specific, and left me with less than 1/8" difference between sides.

My JLUR is heavy. I have the 3.6, steel bumpers, warn evo 10k, LRA aux tank, and full steel skid plates from Rock Hard.

My measurements show 5 inches difference from stock Rubicon to Lifted with 37s. Springs added 3inch by math, so they are true to expectation. The measurements where taken with full tank of fuel, and before the LRA tank installation.
Sponsored