Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Can you guys confirm for me what the “normal” price of the CMM mirrors is? I see they are currently on sale for $140, listed as normally being $360. Is this the true non-sale price for them?
I think that is a screw up. Retail is $299 and are currently marked as $256. I think they may always be marked down a little. Not sure I've ever seen them listed at $299, but I bought mine 2 years ago so they may have gone up.

If you can get them for $140, then buy them.
Sponsored

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
I think that is a screw up. Retail is $299 and are currently marked as $256. I think they may always be marked down a little. Not sure I've ever seen them listed at $299, but I bought mine 2 years ago so they may have gone up.

If you can get them for $140, then buy them.
I think you’re right. The main page has them listed that low, but once you click into it the prices jumps to $256. Thank you for pointing that out and clearing it up!

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, that $140 price is just for one side. I know in Kalifornia, you only need a rear-view and a driver-side mirror.

I actually did have a car that cheap once, without a passenger-side mirror, a 1987 Toyota Corolla. Got me through high-school, college, and my first job...good times.

Now, I've got a Jeep with 6 doors (got two tube doors), four side-view mirrors, and a roof that's been off the vehicle more than it's been on...gooder times.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking I wouldn't miss the mirrors being doorless but after driving around an entire day without doors I ordered a set of CMM mirrors. Should be here in a week or so.

mikebost

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
x5, x6, JLR
Any Harley Davidson dealership, just ask for takeoff mirrors. And no, no discernable vibration.
I ordered mine on Amazon for 31$, I was able to screw my left mirror using the supplied washer and nut(very tight but its seating well and no movement and zero vibration even at 55mph), but can't get my right side attached since I don't have enough length to set a nut with supplied washer, I tried getting rubber washers and thinner metal washers but just simply can't get enough thread at the end, and using those mirrors without a washer with supplied nut simply not an option ( actually scraped a little bit of pain while trying to tighten it ).

I do see that you are using a different type of nut, any suggestions?
Thanks
Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for side mirrors for door-less driving. Soooo many options out there 24958

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013JMTIG2/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Sponsored

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
Try a star washer, it is thinner than a traditional lock washer.

jerseymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
I use JPeggz, made in USA, stainless mirror, really nicely done and with foot rest

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
I broke down and ordered the CMM mirrors. Now my quest is over.

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
+1 for CMM. High quality, easy to add and remove, ability to mount other ball-and-socket accessories. Great option.

mikebost

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
x5, x6, JLR
+1 for CMM. High quality, easy to add and remove, ability to mount other ball-and-socket accessories. Great option.
I think this is the best option for “naked driving” it’s 25$, no vibration tested up to 85mph, takes 60 seconds to mount/unmount , looks cool Harley style , And I don’t care if I have to replace them in 2-3 years

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for side mirrors for door-less driving. Soooo many options out there 1ABFEEC9-B1BC-4B26-9C1C-5A4C3F484453

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for side mirrors for door-less driving. Soooo many options out there B5E2A04E-7986-4285-89EF-319235CDA5AB

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for side mirrors for door-less driving. Soooo many options out there DEC89EA7-0A36-4690-901A-14F2536A40B4

TCMT 8mm Black Rear View Mirrors Fits For Harley Davidson XL1200L XL883 XL883L Sportster https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NBP1KQ5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_ZjlpcnAaWsoAq

Sponsored

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
Any Harley Davidson dealership, just ask for take off mirrors. And no, no discernable vibration.

Just wondering if I got the right ones. They are a little loose in the hole? I am mine I can tape them up a bit.
image.jpg

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician

Just wondering if I got the right ones. They are a little loose in the hole? I am mine I can tape them up a bit.
Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for side mirrors for door-less driving. Soooo many options out there image
Once you tighten then up they should be fine. Otherwise, electrical tape usually gives that.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@jimim

You may not even need to use the hinge if you do not want to.

Dependent on the thread on the motorcycle mirror, you can actually take the bolt out of the cowl and screw the mirror stem and screw it into that female. You need to have a couple of nuts in the mix but yes, guys have done as I say.

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for side mirrors for door-less driving. Soooo many options out there ffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
@jimim

You may not even need to use the hinge if you do not want to.

Dependent on the thread on the motorcycle mirror, you can actually take the bolt out of the cowl and screw the mirror stem and screw it into that female. You need to have a couple of nuts in the mix but yes, guys have done as I say.

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for side mirrors for door-less driving. Soooo many options out there ffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
Thanks man. I swore I had read that somewhere then I figured I was loosing it. Lol. I’ll give that a try in the morning.

I appreciate it!

It’s pretty fun with no doors on. I wish we were in a rain drought so I could keep them off for a while.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Thanks man. I swore I had read that somewhere then I figured I was loosing it. Lol. I’ll give that a try in the morning.

I appreciate it!

It’s pretty fun with no doors on. I wish we were in a rain drought so I could keep them off for a while.
@jimim
Just use care when trying with your particular mirrors... You don't want to damage the JL. Let us know how you make out.
Sponsored