Sponsored

Looking for reviews of the 2.0

StammesOpfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n 2.0 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
2.0 just had noticeably better acceleration from a stop (maybe the BSG) I was going to the Automatic anyway and thought the turbo might be nice for high altitude so the extra $800-$900 was worth it.

If we ever get aftermarket to tap that 48v system interesting things could happen (maybe).
Sponsored

Larsf

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn vue
I read the actual magazine article in a dealer waiting room while my car was being serviced.
C&D 0-60 times were 6.5 for the 2.0 and 6.8 for the 3.6. They liked how the BSG helps off the line response and "effortless thrust". I test drove JLURs with 2.0 and 3.6 back to back. The 2.0 did have more pep, but it wasnt a huge difference. I noticed it the most with passing acceleration. The 3.6 kicks down a gear and revs to accelerate, whereas the 2.0 holds the gear and pulls hard after initial lag-- a little less drama. I think if this is your DD, the 2.0 is probably the better choice. I am looking for a weekend offroader, so I am leaning toward 3.6 for tried and true.

GGguy77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I test drove a 3.6 Unlimited with the salesman and then a 2.0t with the salesman and my parents in the back seats. With the added weight, the 2.0t still felt like it had better pick up than the 3.6. I was looking for an everyday driver so in between that and the better gas mileage, I went with the 2.0t. I guess the gas mileage is pretty much a wash in my area as there is not any 91 octane available at most places here, and I end up having to use 93.
Sponsored