Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Hey all, I'd like to pick up a new hydraulic floor jack, but it's been so long since I've purchased one that I am unfamiliar with all of the brands I'm finding. I have been out of 4 wheeling for a very long time, and gave away my old one years ago because I rarely used it anymore, and because I couldn't get it to stop leaking fluid in my garage. I bought it in my teens, and I'm sure it was the cheapest one I could find at the time. I'm looking for a better quality, more reputable brand this time around.

Also would like any opinions on Steel versus Aluminum. I see that the aluminum ones are about half the weight of steel which would be great for maneuverability, but I have no clue how they compare, as far as durability or reliability goes.

One last thing, my 21' Rubi currently has it's stock 33's, but I am going up to 35's soon. So I'm guessing I should choose something with a max height of at least 20 inches, but any suggestions there are welcome as well.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
-Rob
Sponsored

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
I have good lucks with Harbor Freight Tools Daytona 3-ton floor jack. I admit I am a cheapie, not willing to drop thousands on something I used 20 times per year at most.

But if you do, there is US Jack (4 ton is about $1.6k).

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
that pro eagle jack is a game changer. big wheels and aluminum is a real treat in the shop and in pit support

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
HF Daytona steel floor jacks are pretty good. They’re very heavy, but the aluminum ones aren’t durable enough and don’t have enough lift. They may all look identical, but look at the specs and get the one with the most lift.

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

I have good lucks with Harbor Freight Tools Daytona 3-ton floor jack. I admit I am a cheapie, not willing to drop thousands on something I used 20 times per year at most.

But if you do, there is US Jack (4 ton is about $1.6k).
I have the same one, and had a coupon for $30 off (used that money for some beers)! It works great.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rob97RR

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wow, thanks for all the quick responses! Very much appreciated.

OP
OP
Rob97RR

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
that pro eagle jack is a game changer. big wheels and aluminum is a real treat in the shop and in pit support
I have the pro-eagle, yes it is overpriced, but with two different height adjustable adapters there is nothing else I have seen on the market that compares.

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for recommendations for a quality hydraulic floor jack pro-eagle-off-road-jack-extension-354372_400x
Thanks guys, how's the maneuverability of the Pro Eagle on a solid concrete floor? I'm curious because that's probably where I would use it the most, and I noticed in the feedback on Amazon that the wheels don't swivel, they are fixed in place.

OP
OP
Rob97RR

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HF Daytona steel floor jacks are pretty good. They’re very heavy, but the aluminum ones aren’t durable enough and don’t have enough lift. They may all look identical, but look at the specs and get the one with the most lift.
Thanks sir! Do you mean aluminum ones in general, or just Harbor Freight aluminum ones? (if HF offers them, that is.)

Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Thanks guys, how's the maneuverability of the Pro Eagle on a solid concrete floor? I'm curious because that's probably where I would use it the most, and I noticed in the feedback on Amazon that the wheels don't swivel, they are fixed in place.
Yes, they are fixed so you have to slide the rear over sometimes to get it lined up. It slides fairly easy on concrete. It's a minor annoyance for me but I needed the height capabilities of this jack.

OP
OP
Rob97RR

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes, they are fixed so you have to slide the rear over sometimes to get it lined up. It slides fairly easy on concrete. It's a minor annoyance for me but I needed the height capabilities of this jack.
Good to know, thank you!

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Thanks sir! Do you mean aluminum ones in general, or just Harbor Freight aluminum ones? (if HF offers them, that is.)
Both. I haven’t found any aluminum jacks that have lifting capacity for a Wrangler that extend tall enough for a lifted suspension with big tires. Maybe they exist, but I haven’t found them. You have to account for the height of the Jeep above the surface and also for the amount of droop in the suspension before the tire lifts off of the ground.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
My Daytona 3 ton started leaking a few months after I got it from the main cylinder. Super butthurt about it because there’s no warranty. Looking to get a pro eagle just wanna find a deal somewhere. Anyone get it for a better price anywhere?
Sponsored