Sponsored

Looking for Rear Bumper with Reverse Sensors AND LEDs...

JohnP

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 Yukon Denali, 2006 F350, 2006 AMG CLK55
Occupation
Troublemaker
So, I have the Barricade Adventure HD Front Bumper on my JLUR (https://www.extremeterrain.com/barricade-adventure-hd-front-bumper-2018-jl.html), and I'm wanting a rear bumper that kinda matches. Unfortunately it doesn't appear there's a Barricade matching bumper.

I need to make sure the bumper has the reverse sensor cutouts, and I really want to also have a couple LEDs in the bumper. The closest thing I can find to fit the bill is this DV8 bumper (https://www.extremeterrain.com/dv8-offroad-full-length-rear-bumper-w-led-lights-2018-jl.html).

J125979-JL?obj=car&color=109,107,111&gloss=25&wid=810&hei=608&sharpen=1.jpg

Just wondering if anyone else has been through this, or knows of another rear bumper that might meet the requirements?
Sponsored

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
While not as extreme as the DV8, the M1 rear bumper from @motorcityaftermarket is very stout, available with the reverse sensor openings, and has cutout for 4" flush mount cube lights. This is a TOUGH bumper and very high quality. You can get combo reverse/brake lights through them or add any set of flush mount 4" cube lights to your liking.

https://mcaftermarket.com/jeep-wrangler-jl-rear-bumper-m1/

IMG_1678.JPG

IMG_1677.JPG

IMG_1680.JPG

OP
OP
JohnP

JohnP

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Troublemaker
Thanks for the tip!

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
So, I have the Barricade Adventure HD Front Bumper on my JLUR (https://www.extremeterrain.com/barricade-adventure-hd-front-bumper-2018-jl.html), and I'm wanting a rear bumper that kinda matches. Unfortunately it doesn't appear there's a Barricade matching bumper.

I need to make sure the bumper has the reverse sensor cutouts, and I really want to also have a couple LEDs in the bumper. The closest thing I can find to fit the bill is this DV8 bumper (https://www.extremeterrain.com/dv8-offroad-full-length-rear-bumper-w-led-lights-2018-jl.html).

Just wondering if anyone else has been through this, or knows of another rear bumper that might meet the requirements?
DV8 quality is crap. Avoid!

I have LOD and love it; I know others with JCR Offroad and happy as well.

Last edited:

Sponsored

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
LOD Destroyer fits your requirements. I have one with tire carrier and it has recessed mounts for LED lights and holes for park sensors.

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unilimited Sport S
I am going to say the Motor City Aftermarket bumper may fit your liking. It offers reverse sensor cutouts, and also LEDs cutouts in the bumper. MCA also offers a lighting package with their bumper for a reasonable price with DB LINK 4" lights. MCA is also known for their superior powder coating process, which is arguably the best on the market. They go above and beyond the industry standard thanks to their military background. To me the coating process is what makes or brakes any product, and everyone knows your product is only as good as your coating.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
I am going to say the Motor City Aftermarket bumper may fit your liking. It offers reverse sensor cutouts, and also LEDs cutouts in the bumper. MCA also offers a lighting package with their bumper for a reasonable price with DB LINK 4" lights. MCA is also known for their superior powder coating process, which is arguably the best on the market. They go above and beyond the industry standard thanks to their military background. To me the coating process is what makes or brakes any product, and everyone knows your product is only as good as your coating.
I gotta say I'm REALLY impressed with the MCA bumper. Heavy gauge steel and the coating is the best I've seen. And given the choice of flush mount cubes or recessed, I definitely prefer the flush mount (looks cleaner to me). Granted the style is somewhat tame compared to other aftermarket bumpers, but that's something I appreciate... it looks like it belongs there. Almost like the bumper that Jeep should have put on there to begin with. Just a high quality piece of workmanship that will certainly last the life of the Jeep.

Sponsored

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer
How has your coating held up so far? My buddy has this bumper in a more mild climate and it's not holding up well.
We've moved our powder coat process in-house in the past year or so and are continually improving it every day.

From our website FAQ:
"Our powder coat process starts with surface prep in fabrication where most surfaces are roughed up using mechanical sanders. The parts are then treated with a phosphate wash before an initial bake to remove all remaining surface contamination. The first step in the powder process is a zinc rich primer. This is designed to promote excellent adhesion to the base metal as well as to act as a sacrificial anode to inhibit corrosion. After the primer coat is baked on, we lay down a top coat of a durable sandtex black powder, then do a final bake of the parts. The coating materials and methods we choose for our products are designed to exceed a 6,000-hour salt spray under ASTM D 117-94 test methods."

BamaLM

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR

Maybe you can help me out since you have the Barricade Bumper I just received. I have the JL Rubicon and I just found out that my OEM LEDs will not work on this bumper. Can you tell me which LEDs you installed in your bumper?

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unilimited Sport S
I gotta say I'm REALLY impressed with the MCA bumper. Heavy gauge steel and the coating is the best I've seen. And given the choice of flush mount cubes or recessed, I definitely prefer the flush mount (looks cleaner to me). Granted the style is somewhat tame compared to other aftermarket bumpers, but that's something I appreciate... it looks like it belongs there. Almost like the bumper that Jeep should have put on there to begin with. Just a high quality piece of workmanship that will certainly last the life of the Jeep.
The look of it is not over the top as you mentioned, also what I like about it! It also extremely high quality.. what company has AWS certified welders, a premium coating solution, and offers a five year warranty on top of the coating..top that.

AmesosaurusRex

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Punk'n Metallic
Maybe you can help me out since you have the Barricade Bumper I just received. I have the JL Rubicon and I just found out that my OEM LEDs will not work on this bumper. Can you tell me which LEDs you installed in your bumper?
We just got this bumper and they seem to have changed the fog light mounts. It is supposed to work with the non-steel bumper LED fog lights (they say rubicon doesn't fit, but it is about the steel bumper vs non-steel). Problem is they seem to have changed the mounts to something that doesn't fit the LEDs (maybe it fits the halogens now?). I am working with Extreme Terrain to get this figured out, because the mounts on the bumper do not match their instructions.

OP
OP
JohnP

JohnP

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Troublemaker
Sorry, just saw your question. I sold my stock LEDs, and just used the ones that came built into the bumper. It required some wiring trickery... I pulled the stock fog light harness out of the original bumper and wired in the two bottom lights to it so that I can use them as stock fog lights. I wired the other two lights in with all of my other off road lighting so a switch turns those on.

Works like a charm!
Sponsored