Sponsored

Looking for real-world Vroom feedback.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Used Carvana to sell my vehicle to earlier this year, seamless, perfect experience.

Considering Vroom this time but I'm not sure I like not getting a check on the spot.

Anyone care to share their real-world experience selling to Vroom?
Sponsored

Blanco802

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Used them earlier this year. Seamless process. Got my money a day or two after the vehicle was picked up. I'd definitely recommend.

moonlit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Used Carvana to sell my vehicle to earlier this year, seamless, perfect experience.

Considering Vroom this time but I'm not sure I like not getting a check on the spot.

I sold a JK through them. Not as streamlined as Carvana (just sold my daughter car on Carvana a month ago). Check came the day after they picked it up. Pickup was also a challenge getting scheduled as the truck showed up a day early and I just happen to be home that day. All in all did get the right amount.

TMD78

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Back again with JL#3, 2 door Willys
I had a post about this elsewhere back in July but I couldn’t have been happier with vroom. Easy peasy and fast. They offered the highest trade in by a few thousand, I signed some things electronically, they sent a form overnight for me to sign and return, they picked up my truck a few days later on a Friday and check was in my hand that Monday. Painless!

fspalt

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Get a quote from Vroom and shop it around with a local dealer. I used this site who set me up with a local deal who beat the Vroom offer for my JK by $100 despite it being over the sticker price in 2016:

https://inride.com/

Sponsored

Mike8194

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys

I got you on this one. I sold my truck to Carvana last year, and my JL to Vroom two weeks ago. Carvana was totally seamless. Vroom was good, with a couple of small hiccups. No real issues with either, but Carvana was better.

Vroom gave me a great offer, but I was a little nervous about not getting paid until they took the JL and inspected it. I tried to time my sale just after a recent payment, so that if their were any delays I would be good. Overall they were less organized and harder to communicate with. Their online portal is also pretty poor compared to Carvana. I sold my JL and received my payout over a week ago and the portal still shows sale in progress.

Once I accepted the offer and sent pics of my odometer and DL, they verified my loan balance with Chrysler Capital and sent me a link to sign the paperwork digitally via docusign. You get a pdf of the contract by email after you sign. Then they sent me a hard copy power of attorney (via FedEX overnight). I signed and returned in a prepaid overnight envelope. The next day, I received another POA to sign with return envelope and no details. I called thinking it was mistake. After waiting on hold for for a while, they said something was wrong with first one and to sign and return again. I did, and about 3 days later I got a call from a local Vroom office for pickup. They were prompt and arrived in a Vroom transport vehicle. They took my Jeep and left me with a generic postcard that explained that payment would be forthcoming. The driver emailed me the bill of lading/pickup confirmation while he was onsite.

I had a loan with Chrysler Capital and the offer was well over what I owed. I received payment for the difference by direct deposit within 2 days (You can opt for overnight check via FedEx too). My Chrysler Capital acount showed paid in full within 5 days. Overall, not bad but it is stressful letting them take your Jeep without payment in hand.

I have heard that some of the issues with selling to Vroom seem to be related to the use of third party transport companies for pickup.

Litfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2022 Rubicon XR Hydro Blue
Posted this in another thread a while back... Will repost here for you.

Long story short. Vroom does not use their own vehicles to pick up cars. They subcontract to local companies. That local company is responsible for picking up your vehicle and they have up to 10 days to do so, even though you’ve already signed the car away at this point basically. They are supposed to call you to keep you up to date or notify you of pickup. Of course they never did. When they pick up they are supposed to provide you with a “bill of lading,” which just my luck the gentleman who picked mine up couldn’t give me due to phone issues. When a bill of Lading isn’t provided it delays the process even further. I called them daily for a week for updates and every single time I called I was given a different story and different timelines etc.
When I tried to escalate my case further and was put on hold for a supervisor of customer relations I sat on hold so long it eventually just hung up on me.
I repeatedly mentioned to them over the phone how their FAQ timelines are way off, but was always given a different excuse.
Anyways I’ll quit ranting, that is the short of it, I have sold to Carvana in the past and it was seamless. For a few hundred difference go with another carrier. Unfortunately in my case Vroom was thousands above the rest, for a substantial amount it may be worth it, but be prepared for an ordeal.

The above was my personal experience with Vroom about 7-8 months ago when selling my Gladiator. I would hesitate to use them again after having such a good experience with Carvana. But my case may be an unusual one, who knows.

JPJr70

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys 2dr
I agree with what others have said.
Sold my JLU Rubicon to them last month.
They had the highest offer, and all went as they described.
They need to work on their customer service, though.
I would have liked a little better communication in that vulnerable time between picking up my Jeep and getting the tracking info on the checks.
It was 2 days after pickup before I got any word.

Bluesharp

First Name
Bluesharp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara diesel , 1966 MGB
Occupation
Prison dentist...no, seriously 😷 RETIRED!!!
Givemethevin.com literally gave me $7k over Vroom or Carvana for my JK. Others have said they offered less. It'd be worth checking. Reasonable to deal with.

OP
OP
LuvHydro

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Givemethevin.com literally gave me $7k over Vroom or Carvana for my JK. Others have said they offered less. It'd be worth checking. Reasonable to deal with.
I am not familiar with them. I will check them out. Is the quote instant or hand generated?

Sponsored

Big Hoss

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLU
I checked with givemethevin.com earlier today, quote was instant. They offered $8K less than Vroom, $7K less than Carvana.

bRett32

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD
Not a whole lot to add that hasn't been covered - but just to relay my experience.

Vroom - I sold them a Colorado ZR2 in late 2020 - their offer was the best and overall the process worked as advertised.

Two issues I wasn't thrilled with that ultimately didn't really matter.

1 - The contracted driver picked up the vehicle on schedule but marked all sorts of blemishes on the vehicle that simply weren't there. We briefly discussed it and it amounted to him covering himself against minor damage that 'wouldn't change my offer'. I noted the conversation, took my own photos of the car and ultimately no questions were raised - but I didn't love the situation or potential problems it might have raised

2 - I replaced the ZR2 with an F-350 Tremor that I waited forever for and then almost immediately just didn't care for. Given the silly 2021 marketplace I got quotes from Vroom, CarMax, etc. to see what I could recoup moving on to another truck. Vroom couldn't value the vehicle without one of their appraisers doing it manually as it was too new or lacked whatever required data. A few days later they sent me a quote on the Colorado I'd sold them several months prior with the quote addressed to the name of what I can only assume was whomever they sold it to. I phoned, explained the issue - no problem - error on our end - we have the info and will send an appraisal - a few days later - same thing. I called a second time and never heard back though they did send me a few follow-up so sell them the ZR2.....

Carvana - I've gotten several appraisals from Carvana but someone else has always been higher. I can't speak to the full process but they are the most prompt and organized in my opinion - at least on the quoting/appraisal process.

CarMax - Not really the same as the others though they do some limited online appraisals through Edmunds.com and maybe directly. I was trying to recall but I think my wife and I have sold something like 8 cars to CarMax over the years. Pretty painless, check always clears, depending on where the nearest location is it isn't always terribly convenient.

Their offers historically are a bit all over the place, but they've twice paid me more for a vehicle than I paid for it new inclusive of TTL.

I would say trying to go when they're not busy is advised - I've had to drop off cars a few times on a Saturday when they're busy and I think their finance office also handles the paperwork for purchases and I seem to always get stuck behind people who don't have any facet of their act together.

I think they have also twice lost some paperwork and had to overnight me a new copy but they provide clear instructions and return FedEx envelopes so not a huge deal.

AutoNation - these guys do a semi-online appraisal process - and at least in the case of my Tremor they offered the highest quote and as I kind of waffled about driving it 10 miles to CarMax vs. ~90 minutes to the nearest participating AutoNation dealer - they just kept hiking up their offer by a couple hundred bucks. Due to some work travel and scheduling I ended up giving up a couple dollars and selling to CarMax but this seemed like an interesting alternative.

euan2020

First Name
Euan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Landy 110, 2014, 1.8T Golf GTI 2001, Audi Q5 2013,
valuations seem all over the place - over 2 week period they quoted me $48.5K, $44.5, $41K

Autonation was $45 (inspected) , Mac Haik $46K (Inspected) Car Max $46K

2019 Sahara 14K Miles

Deleted member 59498

Givemethevin came back with a better offer after I ignored them. Just FYI, then I found out how long it would be to get my new Wrangler in and had to turn it down. 50k ish was their last offer. Started at 46 I think.

euan2020

First Name
Euan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Landy 110, 2014, 1.8T Golf GTI 2001, Audi Q5 2013,
Givemethevin came back with a better offer after I ignored them. Just FYI, then I found out how long it would be to get my new Wrangler in and had to turn it down. 50k ish was their last offer. Started at 46 I think.
I had similar with GMTV - started off at $42-$44 and then followed up with a $46K with 12 hour deadline

what is your thoughts on used prices holding up until your order arrives ? I read a lot of reports that the used prices will stay high well into 22, due to the new supply not exactly flowing the market + 90% of people will be paying MRSP or more
Sponsored