Sponsored

Looking for real world feedback on a supercharger on a manual JL.

Thundarr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited Jl Sting Grey, 2008 Rubicon , 2017 Jeep Renegade
Any one have a manual with a supercharger?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
I did. See my thread.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Did you do any updates to your brakes? I have the stock brakes (non heavy duty) and I already have the front rotors warped. I would imagine with that power that the brakes would most definitely need to be upgraded

TOTL Innovations

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.totlinnovations.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK
Did you do any updates to your brakes? I have the stock brakes (non heavy duty) and I already have the front rotors warped. I would imagine with that power that the brakes would most definitely need to be upgraded
Depends on how much you have changed your driving style. A supercharger is going to help with acceleration and maintaining speed but unless you are using that power to drive it like a race car (hard acceleration and hard braking), brake impact will be minimal. Added weight, especially rotating mass like larger/heavier wheels and tires are more likely your culprit because they are a constant added strain on the braking system.

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
I would imagine with that power that the brakes would most definitely need to be upgraded
That's if you take two footed driving too seriously.

On vehicles with ABS, upgrading brakes help if your tires have enough grip to begin with. Mud terrain tires people run have very little contact patches and this is the limiting factor.

Also, even after you add a supercharger, your speedometer starts from 0... you don't need to drive it fast if you can't stop. The engine doesn't rotate faster than it did before.
Sponsored