Sponsored

Looking for pics of 2" Mopar lift with 33's

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Ford Explorer
Honestly, the 33 on 2" lift with rubicon high fender flares looks decent. If you think about it, many off road trucks come with 33 or less

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, the 33 on 2" lift with rubicon high fender flares looks decent. If you think about it, many off road trucks come with 33 or less
Right. Most off road trucks dream of 33’s and that cost them a lot in parts and cutting plastic. That being said I went to 35’s at 27k miles. I wore the BFGs down quickly - lots of rough rocks and fast rutted gravel.

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Ford Explorer
Right. Most off road trucks dream of 33’s and that cost them a lot in parts and cutting plastic. That being said I went to 35’s at 27k miles. I wore the BFGs down quickly - lots of rough rocks and fast rutted gravel.
Do you have a comparison pic before and after?

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm currently running BFG TA KO2s in 285/70/17. As much as I want to buy some new 35's, I'm hesitant to do so for several reasons:
-just bought new 33's for my JKU that I just traded for my JLU (was able to keep them and had JL stock tires placed on my traded JKU). Don't need an extra expense.
-been down that 35 road before with a previous JKU and dealt with the shortcomings of 35's (harsher ride, decreased fuel economy, etc) and don't want to be in that same boat again so to speak.

So show me your rigs with 33's on the Mopar 2" lift. I've seen plenty of pics of 35's & 37's on the Mopar lift but so far only 1 with 33's. Trying hard to be financially responsible and smart about this decision.
Thanks in advance.
My 33's with Lift. didn't want to go too big. My Son has 3.5 lift 37's and killed his MPG etc. It was like night and day after doing it from Stock 255/70/R18 tires.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

My 33's with Lift. didn't want to go too big. My Son has 3.5 lift 37's and killed his MPG etc. It was like night and day after doing it from Stock 255/70/R18 tires.
i went from stock rubi wheels/tires to 315/70/17s and noticed a considerable drop in mpg. not a big concern but driving 200+ miles yesterday used up a whole tank of gas. on the freeway i put it in cruise control and would get up to 28mpg on the 33s. now im lucky to get 20mpg. and that's on stock rubi suspension. i guess it will get worse when i lift it?

i think the rubi fenders is what makes it look kind of goofy on 33s. the sport/sahara fenders help fill in the gap.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I don't often pay mind to the mileage. It's a Jeep, not a Prius. I knew what I was getting into. That being said, I'm up about 3mpg with the 35s. I saw 18.9 after a reset the other day. My jaw kinda dropped. I'm usually in the low 15s...
Side note, installed JKS Quicker Disconnects last week. Crazy.

IMG_20190330_161532.jpg
im assuming you went with the 2.5"+ JKS disconnects since the mopar lift ends up at around 3.5"

i just bought the 0-2" JKS since im currently on rubi suspension but now im looking to lift it more and figure i have to go back and buy the longer disconnects. i havent even installed these yet lol

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
i went from stock rubi wheels/tires to 315/70/17s and noticed a considerable drop in mpg. not a big concern but driving 200+ miles yesterday used up a whole tank of gas. on the freeway i put it in cruise control and would get up to 28mpg on the 33s. now im lucky to get 20mpg. and that's on stock rubi suspension. i guess it will get worse when i lift it?

i think the rubi fenders is what makes it look kind of goofy on 33s. the sport/sahara fenders help fill in the gap.
My Jeep before and After. Really made appearance more Jeep. Took the Factory Rake away too. Not too big. That last photo is Google playing around. I noticed 1 MPG drop since lift and BFG KO233's 275/70/R18

Before Lift &  33'.jpg

Jeep 2019 2.jpg

2019 Jeep JLU Sahara  Lifted 33's now..jpg

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
My Jeep before and After. Really made appearance more Jeep. Took the Factory Rake away too. Not too big. That last photo is Google playing around. I noticed 1 MPG drop since lift and BFG KO233's 275/70/R18
That's the Mopar lift? It looks great. Most pics I've seen with Sahara/Sport and Mopar lift/33s look less proportional.

Sponsored

bgj1010

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Systems Engineer - Manager
im assuming you went with the 2.5"+ JKS disconnects since the mopar lift ends up at around 3.5"

i just bought the 0-2" JKS since im currently on rubi suspension but now im looking to lift it more and figure i have to go back and buy the longer disconnects. i havent even installed these yet lol
Nope, 0-2". I even called JKS support and confirmed. All good!

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
I’m looking to off-road mine but the belly seems to be the most likely hit point hence I was thinking of going for the lift but keeping 33s. I think it looks fine and I don’t see as much benefit to clearances with the tires as with the lift. I think the pager tires are just more weight and crappier mileage. Does it look better. Yeah. But functionally I think the lift would keep my belly off the ground and the tires won’t make a world of difference. Plus once I wear down the 33s I can replace them with 35s If I want.