Sponsored

Looking for photos of AEV JL wheels on a Sport S

jaylam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Sport S
I'm looking at the AEV Sevegre II wheel for a Sport S and would love to see photos if anyone is running this combo, ideally with a 285/70r17 tire. Most interested in how a 285 width tire would sit under the fender flare.

Also wondering if anyone has experienced any rubbing on the sway bar since I have read reports of this happening, but typically with a 315/12.5" width tire.

For the purposes of the photo, I suppose any new AEV JL wheel on a Sport or Sahara would do since they all have the same offset and backspace and the Sports/Saharas have the same axle width. I've seen plenty of photos of these wheels on Rubis with 35s, but with the wider axle and tire it's hard to visualize how they would look on a Sport or Sahara.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Jas0n

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
I'm looking at the AEV Sevegre II wheel for a Sport S and would love to see photos if anyone is running this combo, ideally with a 285/70r17 tire. Most interested in how a 285 width tire would sit under the fender flare.

Also wondering if anyone has experienced any rubbing on the sway bar since I have read reports of this happening, but typically with a 315/12.5" width tire.

For the purposes of the photo, I suppose any new AEV JL wheel on a Sport or Sahara would do since they all have the same offset and backspace and the Sports/Saharas have the same axle width. I've seen plenty of photos of these wheels on Rubis with 35s, but with the wider axle and tire it's hard to visualize how they would look on a Sport or Sahara.

Thanks!
Just added these on my Sport S today

7025C1A4-A6F3-444D-8B87-30ABD740F4F6.jpeg

368653EE-D6C2-44A9-B86B-E0E541A8F79D.jpeg

OP
OP

jaylam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just added these on my Sport S today

7025C1A4-A6F3-444D-8B87-30ABD740F4F6.jpeg

368653EE-D6C2-44A9-B86B-E0E541A8F79D.jpeg
Thanks JasOn. Looks amazing. Couple follow up questions...

If you get a chance, can I trouble you to add a photo down the side of the jeep with the front and rear fenders aligned so I could check out how the tires sit under them? Wondering if/how much the tires poke out beyond the fender. My questionable calculations have me thinking they the tread will line up and the sidewall bulge may just stick out a little? I currently have 17x9 wheel with -6 offset. They look cool, but stick out a bit too far for what I'm going for.

How much clearance in the front full lock between the tire and the lower control arm and the top of the sway bar?

Love these wheels, but they're not cheap so I want to make sure I get it right.

Nice jeep, btw. Those blacked out tail lights look awesome on the granite.

Thanks a ton, super helpful!

Jas0n

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Thanks JasOn. Looks amazing. Couple follow up questions...

If you get a chance, can I trouble you to add a photo down the side of the jeep with the front and rear fenders aligned so I could check out how the tires sit under them? Wondering if/how much the tires poke out beyond the fender. My questionable calculations have me thinking they the tread will line up and the sidewall bulge may just stick out a little? I currently have 17x9 wheel with -6 offset. They look cool, but stick out a bit too far for what I'm going for.

How much clearance in the front full lock between the tire and the lower control arm and the top of the sway bar?

Love these wheels, but they're not cheap so I want to make sure I get it right.

Nice jeep, btw. Those blacked out tail lights look awesome on the granite.

Thanks a ton, super helpful!
Is this what you meant? Also I don’t get any rubbing at full lock .

9555388D-6935-430D-B936-0610985C692A.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP

jaylam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those kept the tire under the fenders very nicely. My JLR has more poke, really wish it didn't, tires fling more than I'd like.
@sourdough - I did speak with them and you're right they were definitely very helpful, but they mentioned that their new JL wheels were designed with the Rubicon's wider axle in mind and that the JK wheels might be more what I'm looking for. The tradeoff is that some modification is needed to fit over the JL's backup camera and I think I would have about 1/2" more poke. Photos above look like what I'm after. Where I'm torn is that I might be sizing up to a 315 width and I think their JL wheels have too much backspace and I'll rub. Tough call.

I'm in the same boat. Currently -6 offset wheels and, while I like how they look, the sound of gravel pelting the side of the Jeep is not all that pleasant.

lalalofsky

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
Dont mean to bring up an old thread, but has running 315s on the AEV sevegre II worked out on a non rubicon. I am about to pull the Triggger on a set and i cant find decide if the +25mm 5.77” bs will work on non rubicon axles without Wheel spacers.

GrayWolf.Overland

First Name
Subash
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 4xe Rubicon (Earl Gray)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Dont mean to bring up an old thread, but has running 315s on the AEV sevegre II worked out on a non rubicon. I am about to pull the Triggger on a set and i cant find decide if the +25mm 5.77” bs will work on non rubicon axles without Wheel spacers.
Hi @lalalofsky - I am going through the same dilemma. Were you able to install 315s without rubbing at LCAs? from my calculations so far the 315s are 0.5" wider on the inside compared to my current 285s

lalalofsky

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
Hi @lalalofsky - I am going through the same dilemma. Were you able to install 315s without rubbing at LCAs? from my calculations so far the 315s are 0.5" wider on the inside compared to my current 285s
I actually ended up going with a -12offset or a 4.5 backspacing. i am running rubicon high top fender flares and they offer just enough poke but not too much. I do believe that youll need to add wheel spacers for those wheels with the 5.77 backspacing to avoid rubbing the LCA’s.
Sponsored