Sponsored

Looking for photo of sting grey with black hinges.

grizzjeeper

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL
My 392 came in but two of the hinges were damaged.. to get them fixed correctly they would need to repaint the entire door and blend into the center pillar etc... not real happy about it.. so anyway maybe just painting the hinges black would be good.

Anyone have pics? Ideally with painted roof and flares...
Sponsored

Last edited:

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I would be okay with them repainting the side of the Jeep, if they agree to pull off all hinges and pro seal them on before painting them... Someone decided to appease the accountants and left it raw under there.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Not painted (they’re covers) but this might help give you an idea of what it would look like.

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for photo of sting grey with black hinges. F6EAB2A4-1B55-4AC8-BD44-1398383F7867

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for photo of sting grey with black hinges. F93E1055-EA62-433C-8A13-0611405F8A9C

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

to get them fixed correctly they would need to repaint the entire door and blend into the center pillar etc
If it's just the hinges, why can't they remove and paint just the hinges? They are small enough that they shouldn't require any type of blending into the door or other panels.

OP
OP
grizzjeeper

grizzjeeper

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL
Just the hinges. They said they will not match the door and you will notoce it unless they blend in the doors. I didnt believe them so went to an auto body shop and they said the same thing. Crazy if you ask me.

If it's just the hinges, why can't they remove and paint just the hinges? They are small enough that they shouldn't require any type of blending into the door or other panels.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Just the hinges. They said they will not match the door and you will notoce it unless they blend in the doors. I didnt believe them so went to an auto body shop and they said the same thing. Crazy if you ask me.
It's nonsense. The vehicle is new and has not had any time sitting out in the sun, etc. to have to worry about paint fade or color mismatch at this point.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I’d get a quote to do the pain like they want, then take it to a place to get just the hinges painted, and pocket the difference.

Worst case you’re out the cost to paint the hinges if they’re right and you need to repaint the whole thing afterwards.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
I like that look, are these the hinge covers you invested in?

NovelBee 8 Pack of Door Hinge Covers Trim Fit for 2018-2021 Jeep Wrangler JL & Unlimited
https://amzn.to/3o5vZzr
Those look similar in concept but these are the ones I specifically purchased (out of stock right now though).

Tailgate Door Handle Cover Door Hinge Cover Hood Hinge Cover Spare Tire Hinge Cover for 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Accessories 4 Door (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MGXDKT...abc_J0ZF75K85HVK9Q6DFFDZ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Mine came with extra tape so I took the time to add extra pieces of tape, wiped the hinge with alcohol, then applied. They’ve survived Uwharrie dust, Windrock mud, and Rausch everything thus far plus two or three pressure washes by mobile detailers.

Sponsored

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
The advantage of painting everything is to have a solid coat of paint around the hinge. Just painting the hinge leaves a "crack" where salt can get in & rust away.

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
wait, an $80K Jeep came with f'd up hinges??? :swear:

what is the story?

I'd have them fix them and not just cover them with black hinges.....not really feeling the black hinges thing at all, but that's just me.....

OP
OP
grizzjeeper

grizzjeeper

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL
Two of the hinges are fd up on one door. Very deep scratch on both top and bottom. Came off the truck that way. The reason to go to black was I could JUST pint the hinges black otherwise need to paint the doors or at least blend in the doors. Apparently I have leaned this is common as they can never make it match regardless of wear, elevation, moisture content are all factors thatbmake paint different apparently. So if you dont want to see a suttle change in color, then they have to repaint and was lookjng for least invasive. But now learning just removing the hinges also creates a slight integrity issue from original spray.

It's nonsense. The vehicle is new and has not had any time sitting out in the sun, etc. to have to worry about paint fade or color mismatch at this point.
wait, an $80K Jeep came with f'd up hinges??? :swear:

what is the story?

I'd have them fix them and not just cover them with black hinges.....not really feeling the black hinges thing at all, but that's just me.....

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
Two of the hinges are fd up on one door. Very deep scratch on both top and bottom. Came off the truck that way. The reason to go to black was I could JUST pint the hinges black otherwise need to paint the doors or at least blend in the doors. Apparently I have leaned this is common as they can never make it match regardless of wear, elevation, moisture content are all factors thatbmake paint different apparently. So if you dont want to see a suttle change in color, then they have to repaint and was lookjng for least invasive. But now learning just removing the hinges also creates a slight integrity issue from original spray.
here is what I would do...have them just repaint the hinges, if it doesn't look right, then have them blend the whole door....I would also make sure they give you at least a Rubicon as a loaner while it is being fixed....if they don't have one, then they better rent you one.

Now way would I have them pant the hinges black or just put covers on them....I'd make sure Jeep and the dealer make things right.
Sponsored