Looking for overlanders near LA area

sahara29

First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Sahara
Hey everyone, I'm new here and just recently got my JLU Sahara and put KO2 315's and a 2.5'' Teraflex lift on it. Looking to join weekend overlanding groups (nothing too crawl-heavy since I haven't re-geared yet). I've been out to Texas Canyon and recently Gorman with a couple people, and always looking for new spots. Anyone that could point me in the right direction it'd be much appreciated!
Sponsored

Poordad

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Acura TSX, 2015 Chrysler 300s, 2023 JLUR
I am currently Jeepless, but you may enjoy checking out Drinkwater Flats and Rowher Flats in Santa Clarita. Nothing too crazy there.

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
North, East, West, or South Los Angles? When you were at Gorman did you do Hungry Valley or Miller Jeep trail?

Last edited:
OP
OP
sahara29

sahara29

First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Sahara
I am currently Jeepless, but you may enjoy checking out Drinkwater Flats and Rowher Flats in Santa Clarita. Nothing too crazy there.
Thanks for the recs and hope you get one soon!

North, East, West, or South Los Angles? When you were at Gorman did you do Hungry Valley or Miller Jeep trail?
I'm in the south SFV area and I honestly can't remember which trail we did. It had some fun hill climbs the main trail we did was mostly flat and fast

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From SFV, here are some fun fire road entry points we have used in the Santa Clarita area (mostly off of San Francisquito canyon). Rowher Flats as others have mentioned has more technical hill climbs that are also fun. For camping there are some great places up in the forest of Frazier Park.

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for overlanders near LA area 1653670518982

Sponsored

OP
OP
sahara29

sahara29

First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Sahara
From SFV, here are some fun fire road entry points we have used in the Santa Clarita area (mostly off of San Francisquito canyon). Rowher Flats as others have mentioned has more technical hill climbs that are also fun. For camping there are some great places up in the forest of Frazier Park.

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for overlanders near LA area 1653670518982

That's awesome thanks for the recs and I"ll check out the video! Are the camping spots all BLM or private grounds?

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think that the campgrounds in Frazier Park are part of the Los Padres National Forest. When we stay the night or make a long stop for a day hike, we stop at sports shop and get the $5 adventure pass. The more public campsites sometimes require a reservaction and cost around $20/night.
Sponsored