AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have a sport with a rubicon suspension. I hit the trails quite a bit which often times involves many miles of washboard roads to get there. I do air down which of course helps but I’m looking to smooth out those miles some. I don’t have unlimited funds so I’m trying to find the a good set under $700. I would appreciate some feedback on what you guys/gals are running.
thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
I added the Fox Performance Series 2.0 to my 2018 JLR a couple months ago. They've done great and are right in that price point.

OP
OP
AZ Hella

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I added the Fox Performance Series 2.0 to my 2018 JLR a couple months ago. They've done great and are right in that price point.
Thanks. So far the Fox are at the top of my list. Was it a noticeable difference from the stock shocks?

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
It was considerable. The ride was much more predictable than on the stock shocks. Felt glued to the road/trail. Much more stable. Less front end dip under braking and less body roll in wind, off-road, or turns on the highway. Some of the best money I've spent so far.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AZ Hella

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Accutune does not custom tune the Fox IFP monotube shocks, only the reservoir shocks. I was told that is a website glitch which they are working to fix.
For real? It's listed in several places on their site including in their Stage 1 kit. That's frustrating if true.

Redhotmissel

First Name
Chesli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
So I am looking for a good lift kit for a 2 door sport S that isn’t too costly, does anyone have any opinions?

smarshall

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
For real? It's listed in several places on their site including in their Stage 1 kit. That's frustrating if true.
I'm afraid so. This is the email I got when I placed the order.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We apologize for the inconvenience. We rolled out the new part numbers on our site and it appears that the tuning options worked their way in there. The website is currently being gone through to fix any issues like this. Once again we apologize for this but we do appreciate you shopping with us!

Thank you,
*Lead times are not guaranteed and can change without notice.
_____
Kenny Svanoe
Main:
(424) 377-0808 | Direct: (424) 255-9202
1050 E Dominguez St, STE P Carson, CA 90746

Sponsored

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We apologize for the inconvenience. We rolled out the new part numbers on our site and it appears that the tuning options worked their way in there. The website is currently being gone through to fix any issues like this. Once again we apologize for this but we do appreciate you shopping with us!

Thank you,
_____
Kenny Svanoe
Main:
Dang, so they're just off the shelf valving then. Well that changes my plans.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door

Thank you,
_____
Kenny Svanoe
Main:
Yeah...I fell for the same false advertisement on Accutune's website. They've had those listed on their website as being tunable for about 2 years.:angry:

Last edited:

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Yeah...I fell for the same false advertisement on Accutune's website. They've had those listed erroneously on their website for about 2 years.:angry:
I've reached out to @InvertedLogic

Yes, we have in fact been tuning Fox 2.0 IFP Shocks specifically for the Jeep JL. This has been accurate up until recently. Due to the lack of performance in the IFP shock, and the cost associated with us tuning them for free, we have decided to no longer offer that service for those specific shocks. Up until recently these were the only IFP shock we offered to be tuned. Now its across the board with us not tuning any IFP shocks or coilovers.

If you want a Fox 2.0 shock that will provide exceptional performance and last a long time... get a remote reservoir shock. IFP shocks are not something we recommend. For a little more info on this, take a look at this Tech Article we recently released:

https://accutuneoffroad.com/ifp-vs-remote-reservoir-shocks/

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for opinions on shocks. IFP-shock-diagram

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I've reached out to @InvertedLogic

Yes, we have in fact been tuning Fox 2.0 IFP Shocks specifically for the Jeep JL. This has been accurate up until recently. Due to the lack of performance in the IFP shock, and the cost associated with us tuning them for free, we have decided to no longer offer that service for those specific shocks. Up until recently these were the only IFP shock we offered to be tuned. Now its across the board with us not tuning any IFP shocks or coilovers.

If you want a Fox 2.0 shock that will provide exceptional performance and last a long time... get a remote reservoir shock. IFP shocks are not something we recommend. For a little more info on this, take a look at this Tech Article we recently released:

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for opinions on shocks. IFP-shock-diagram
That's a shame there wasnt enough profit in it for AccuTune to continue offering tuning for the 2.0 IFS. Last week, a Fox tech guy told me the 2.0 IFS was valved very similar to their 2.0 with reservoir and he wouldn't recommend spending more $ on their reservoir shocks if I didn't do high speed offroading. He even recommended I reach out to AccuTune to get the 2.0 IFS shocks tuned. :beer:

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
That's a shame there wasnt enough profit in it for AccuTune to continue offering tuning for the 2.0 IFS. Last week, a Fox tech guy told me the 2.0 IFS was valved very similar to their 2.0 with reservoir and he wouldn't recommend spending more $ on their reservoir shocks if I didn't do high speed offroading. He even recommended I reach out to AccuTune to get the 2.0 IFS shocks tuned. :beer:
They are "IFP" shocks, Internal Floating Piston. Like we explain in the Tech Article linked above, the remote reservoir is not just about going fast. $170/each throw away shock with ok performance, or $280/each for great performance, longer lasting and can be rebuilt.
Sponsored