Looking for new (larger) tires

CajunWino

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I have a 2018 JLU Sahara that needs new tires (keeping the rims). The only modifications I’ve done are the 3/4-in front leveling kit from Rough Country and airbags in the rear to help with the tow sag.

The wife is against a lift. I’d say 85% of driving is city/highway and the rest is playing off-road.
I want a more aggressive looking tire that’s not loud on the road, doesn’t kill my mpg (or my wallet), and can provide a “natural” lift without any rub.

Current tire size is 255/70/18. I was told I could go with 285/65/18 (would be about 1/2” taller).
I’m looking at Toyo AT3 and Wildpeak AT3. I’ve been told that KO2’s were horrible in wet conditions.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

BritishGuy

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue, 6sp. (SOLD)
For what you'd pay for a set of new tires could you pickup a set of Rubicon take-offs, wheels and tires, for similar money or even less? Could be worth a look...

As for the KO2's being horrible in the wet, they're certainly not fantastic. As long as you feather the accelerator, especially when turning, you'll be fine. Try to avoid water that collects on the right lane as well when it's raining - it'll pull you into that curb super quick if you're not paying attention.

However, if you want to be able to kick your rear-end out when turning in the wet and drifting that Sahara like Ken Block, they're totally for you!

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Sponsored