Sponsored

Looking for my fellow Long Islanders...is there anybody out there?

jk8290

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
99% of jeeps in NJ waived back at me. 0% in the 5 boroughs and Nassau
Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Well today I was stuck in traffic and instead of waiting for the light to change to be able to get into the drive-through for Dunkin' Donuts, I just drove over the sidewalk....that was pretty cool....

I'm just kidding (no I actually did that) but there are probably some places around here, sorry I'm not able to actually help you. I know everyone talks about Rausch Creek in NJ, that is supposed to be a good area. I'm sure someone else on here has some more helpful information. Happy Jeeping and if I see you I'll definitely wave!

Steve
Sounds like the intersection of Pinelawn and 109...

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
Lindenhurst , Ordered my JLUR from Garden City at invoice with no financing, extras or fees. 5 weeks to deliver.

Sponsored

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ā€˜18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
NO, there was a usual 299 fee plus the registration and 12.50 tire fee. But no unusual fees or upcharges.
Did they explain the $299 fee? NYS limits doc fees to $75 dollars, $12.50 for tires and $10 for new car inspection. We just bought a car in February for about the same price as my Rubi will be, and no such fee. Just wondering what to expect if this is a "usual" fee.

Last edited:

mclaugh

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLU Moab
Just stopped at Garden City Jeep at lunch and they offered to "split the hold back," at invoice. They told me it's the only way they can keep the lights on!
Did they explain the $299 fee? NYS limits doc fees to $75 dollars, $12.50 for tires and $10 for new car registration. We just bought a car in February for about the same price as my Rubi will be, and no such fee. Just wondering what to expect if this is a "usual" fee.
Postscript to my initial post regarding this dealer, quoted above-->
I called this dealership yesterday afternoon to inquire about cars "on site" versus "off site," in an effort to show my wife all the colors IRL before we order elsewhere. I only spoke with the front desk, and explained we were not 'making an appointment.' They assured me their alternate lot was 2-3 blocks away, easily walkable- but that someone "would drive us" to make it convenient.

The sales rep I met with last weekend calls me last night, asking if I was still coming in- he seemed incredulous after our initial meeting that I was coming back. I explained my actual intent and asked why he called- the front desk put a 7pm appointment on his calendar. He was also frustrated by this, explaining this was not the first time.

I asked where they keep the extra cars, explaining why I called- he proceeds to share that they are NOT within walking distance of the dealer, but are instead kept at an auxiliary lot next to the Uniondale Marriott. How the front desk thought that was within "walking distance" of Franklin Ave in Hempstead is beyond me........

Poromenos

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Nassau County here. Good to see a post with the locals. Picking up my JLUR tommorrow morning. Hoping for a smooth and hiccup free transfer. Dont be afraid to throw the "waive" if you see a black on black rubby zipping around, I waive back.

Sponsored

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
Did they explain the $299 fee? NYS limits doc fees to $75 dollars, $12.50 for tires and $10 for new car inspection. We just bought a car in February for about the same price as my Rubi will be, and no such fee. Just wondering what to expect if this is a "usual" fee.

299.50 Filing Fee, 12.50 tires, 266 NYS reg ,75 dealers fee, 10 nysi. These things were non issue for me and did not ask what the fees were for.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ā€˜18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
Probably dealer sees what they can get away with because people donā€™t know there is a cap.

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
Hewlett in the Five Towns here. I get waive/honk/brights about 50% of the time here. Currently working on a deal with 3 dealerships in Long Island. Have walked in with order guide and got 3% under invoice from 2 of them. Still waiting on a price from Garden City Jeep. But if you are out East and can make it across the sound to CT on the ferry, Mark @ Fitzpatrickā€™s Jeep is offering one of the best deals with a reasonable application fee. Nice, Fair, straight forward person to deal with it. Only reason I have not made a decision to go with him is he is 2 hours from me and a service dept with rental program nearby is important to me.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Hewlett in the Five Towns here. I get waive/honk/brights about 50% of the time here. Currently working on a deal with 3 dealerships in Long Island. Have walked in with order guide and got 3% under invoice from 2 of them. Still waiting on a price from Garden City Jeep. But if you are out East and can make it across the sound to CT on the ferry, Mark @ Fitzpatrickā€™s Jeep is offering one of the best deals with a reasonable application fee. Nice, Fair, straight forward person to deal with it. Only reason I have not made a decision to go with him is he is 2 hours from me and a service dept with rental program nearby is important to me.
I have to concur with Alex on Fitzpatrick in Ansonia, CT. Mark Fitzpatrick (@ConnecticutJLJeep) is doing everything he can to earn our business, and he's just a 2 hour drive (with/without the Port Jeff ferry) away from central LI.

The dealership has an excellent reputation, is family owned and has earned 5 stars on Cars.com, Cargurus.com and dealerrater.com.
After the $399 CT mandated doc fee, he comes in just under 4% on factory orders, which is significantly lower than anything I've seen on LI, let alone the tri-state area. No dealer financing required, but the price does require an Affiliate Rewards code like Tread Lightly, FCA Employee or Costco.

If you don't want to travel to the south, or have a deal that is trade-in dependent, drop him a line. [email protected] He's been pretty patient and straightforward with me, even though the bottom line may not work in my case.
Sponsored