Sponsored

Looking for my fellow Long Islanders...is there anybody out there?

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Wrangler392; ā€˜20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
From Bellmore but live in the city now. Picked up the Jeep from Bayside which wasn't the best experience o I completed a customer survey and got a call back from management that they will be better next time I'm in. Who knows :fingerscrossed:

The parts department also can't match the AllMoparParts guys who are near Westbury so I'd rather go to them for parts
Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
From Bellmore but live in the city now. Picked up the Jeep from Bayside which wasn't the best experience o I completed a customer survey and got a call back from management that they will be better next time I'm in. Who knows :fingerscrossed:

The parts department also can't match the AllMoparParts guys who are near Westbury so I'd rather go to them for parts
Kennedy or Mepham?

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I thought I read their dealer fees were $695 or around that.
Yeah, I just researched a bit more, and I must have confused that with their initial increase to $699 (used to be $599). This is just built in profit for the dealer, so their 5% below is closer to 4%, depending on your build. Still a great deal, and better than you'll find on the island, but make sure to factor it in. There were a few dealers in Mass that were offering 5% below (search around for them), and their fees were almost half of Koons, but I haven't seen one bad review of Craig at Koons yet (make sure you contact him AND ONLY HIM directly), so maybe it's worth the drive. Maybe when the weather gets bad, the offers will get better. If Huntington gets within $1000 after fees are factored in, maybe I won't drive 4.5 hours to Maryland. I have to weigh all of the factors and see (but I hate patronizing these LI dealers that act like they have beer flavored nipples). Right now, my build at 1% below compared to my build at 5% below is about a $2000 difference. Subtract that $699, and it's less than a $1400 difference. Still significant, but is it worth the drive and not buying local?

Sponsored

StevieBuns

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n Rubicon Unlimited
Hey, Steve, I'm in Huntington. Never, EVER, go to any Atlantic auto dealer for anything. They're trash. Glad Craig hooked you up at Koons, I plan on driving down there myself when the time comes (a few months, probably). Can you PM me your deal? I want a JLUR, but any info you have would help.
Went to Atlantic when I was shopping for my wife's Pilot, and they wouldn't price match anyone, plus they offered me $3k for a 8 year old Accord EX-L V6 with 50k on it. Booked at $12k at the time. The guy got all offended when I got up and walked out. Whatta joke.
Sure thing man, I'll PM you shortly.

OP
OP
ajasper6579

ajasper6579

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 4-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Advertising
Hey, Ari. Huntington offered me 1% below with Tread Lightly, but I'll probably go off-island to get better, unless...who was your guy/gal at Huntington? Did you order or buy off of the lot? Maybe I'll give them a holler. Don't blame you at all for staying local. Which warranty did you settle on/what did it cost you? I'm debating getting the lifetime from another out of state dealer, but, again, staying local has its benefits.
So I worked with Vaughan, he was great. Karan from Huntington is who I worked with on the warranty. I went with the lifetime $100 deductable and he did it for $3170. So far very happy

StevieBuns

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in Suffolk County in West Babylon, Iā€™m finding a frustrating number of Jeeps donā€™t wave back to me! :mad: Whatā€™s with that? Anyone else have this issue out on the island?

I used to live in NJ and had a wrangler on a lease at the time and found 9.9 out of 10 people waved back!

Steve

x_captain_kaos_x

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 YJ, 18 JL 2DR Sport S
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Iā€™m in Suffolk County in West Babylon, Iā€™m finding a frustrating number of Jeeps donā€™t wave back to me! :mad: Whatā€™s with that? Anyone else have this issue out on the island?

I used to live in NJ and had a wrangler on a lease at the time and found 9.9 out of 10 people waved back!

Steve
I live about as far East as you can go without getting wet and NOBODY waves back.
Very frustrating. Obviously they have no idea what they got themselves into when they bought a Jeep.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I live about as far East as you can go without getting wet and NOBODY waves back.
Very frustrating. Obviously they have no idea what they got themselves into when they bought a Jeep.
Haven't gotten my JL yet, but I'm expecting about a 2% wave return rate on the island. I've asked about a dozen people over the last year or 2 about their builds, including a couple of JLs, and not one could tell me anything about their Jeep. Not even how much lift they were running. Most said they bought it that way or they had some guy mod it for them for looks. No real connection to their rigs, or the Jeep "way", let alone the Jeep "wave"...

Sponsored

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ā€˜18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
Yep I'm a long islander too!
Don't have my jeep yet.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ā€˜18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
Hi all, after ordering a loaded Sahara from Smithaven Jeep I cancelled it as it took more then 4 months to be delivered. It wasnā€™t a 2 liter turbo but a 3.6 liter. The holdup was the TrailRail system, tthat wasnā€™t the dealers fault. I ordered it before finding this forum and found out about the Koons deal. As soon as the 19 MY order banks open Iā€™ll be ordering from Craig at Koons. Anyone know if Koons also applies the Tread Lightly discount to their 5% off invoice?
Smithhaven Jeep is the worst. I had them look at my trade in and they quoted me $6000 less than 2 other dealers on Long Island.
Also, the manager over there has no clue what's going on. From speaking to her, she didn't know anything about the packages or the specifics about other things. I'm sorry but if you are a manager you should know your product and lead by example. It starts from the top down...

x_captain_kaos_x

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 YJ, 18 JL 2DR Sport S
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Haven't gotten my JL yet, but I'm expecting about a 2% wave return rate on the island. I've asked about a dozen people over the last year or 2 about their builds, including a couple of JLs, and not one could tell me anything about their Jeep. Not even how much lift they were running. Most said they bought it that way or they had some guy mod it for them for looks. No real connection to their rigs, or the Jeep "way", let alone the Jeep "wave"...
If I see you, I guarantee Iā€™ll wave.

Periokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Bright White JLUR and some others.
New here. Picked up a JLUR 8/31/18. First Wrangler. I have gotten about 10% waves back. Where are places to try off roading around here? I am in Suffolk.

StevieBuns

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New here. Picked up a JLUR 8/31/18. First Wrangler. I have gotten about 10% waves back. Where are places to try off roading around here? I am in Suffolk.
Well today I was stuck in traffic and instead of waiting for the light to change to be able to get into the drive-through for Dunkin' Donuts, I just drove over the sidewalk....that was pretty cool....

I'm just kidding (no I actually did that) but there are probably some places around here, sorry I'm not able to actually help you. I know everyone talks about Rausch Creek in NJ, that is supposed to be a good area. I'm sure someone else on here has some more helpful information. Happy Jeeping and if I see you I'll definitely wave!

Steve
Sponsored