Sponsored

Looking for Mopar Rubicon Steel Bumpers

Phantagyro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JL
I have the stock plastic bumpers with sensor holes on my JL rubicon. I am looking to buy used Mopar Rubicon steel bumpers for the front and back with red hooks. Does the front steel bumper have to have sensor holes? Do I also need the steel skid plate? If anyone has the Mopar steel bumpers with red hooks for for sale please let me know. I am located in southern California. Thnx
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Mopar steel bumper on my Sahara.

Comments:
  1. While you don’t need the skid plate, the plastic air dam won’t bolt onto the steel bumper. The shape of the bumper and the mounting points are totally different
  2. You only need the front bumper IMHO. The rear plastic bumper looks just like the steel bumper. If you keep the rear plastic bumper you won’t need to worry about the backup sensors. Besides, owners of JLs with the rear steel bumper complain that in a minor fender bender, the rear steel bumper ended causing more damage to the body than the plastic bumper
  3. Before COVID I paid $900 for a new front Mopar bumper at BAM Wholesale. It came with the red hooks and the LED fogs. If I were to buy the LED fogs separately, I’d have to pay $500 just for the pair
  4. To my knowledge you cannot get the forward parking sensors in N.A. They are offered in the EU but not here. Not sure how your JL ended up with them
Good luck.

OP
OP
Phantagyro

Phantagyro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JL
I have the Mopar steel bumper on my Sahara.

Comments:
  1. While you don’t need the skid plate, the plastic air dam won’t bolt onto the steel bumper. The shape of the bumper and the mounting points are totally different
  2. You only need the front bumper IMHO. The rear plastic bumper looks just like the steel bumper. If you keep the rear plastic bumper you won’t need to worry about the backup sensors. Besides, owners of JLs with the rear steel bumper complain that in a minor fender bender, the rear steel bumper ended causing more damage to the body than the plastic bumper
  3. Before COVID I paid $900 for a new front Mopar bumper at BAM Wholesale. It came with the red hooks and the LED fogs. If I were to buy the LED fogs separately, I’d have to pay $500 just for the pair
  4. To my knowledge you cannot get the forward parking sensors in N.A. They are offered in the EU but not here. Not sure how your JL ended up with them
Good luck.
Thanks so much! Appreciate the info. I am gearing towards the front bumper for now. Are the tow hooks interchangeable? I have red and want to keep those. The 392 have to gold ones.

Sponsored

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

My buddy here in SoCal is swapping his 392 steel bumpers out for aftermarket. Not sure if you’re interested.

OP
OP
Phantagyro

Phantagyro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JL
Yes, would be interested. Please have him contact me.