Looking for help to replace stop light due to my stupidity

offandon

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3, Hyundai Santa Fe, '19 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
The details of my stupidity are not terribly important but suffice it to say that I made an error while putting the hard top back on our 2019 Sahara and I snapped the plastic that holds the high mount stop light directly over the spare tire. Inside of it there are a couple of screws that hold the light in place. The screws are still attached to the light but on the base where the screws should be attached the plastic is broken. I have been (unsuccessfully) searching to try to find the part online. Is there anyone here willing to help me find the part so I can buy it and replace it? It is not too time sensitive as the light is operational and I have it pretty firmly held in place for now.
Sponsored

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
The details of my stupidity are not terribly important but suffice it to say that I made an error while putting the hard top back on our 2019 Sahara and I snapped the plastic that holds the high mount stop light directly over the spare tire. Inside of it there are a couple of screws that hold the light in place. The screws are still attached to the light but on the base where the screws should be attached the plastic is broken. I have been (unsuccessfully) searching to try to find the part online. Is there anyone here willing to help me find the part so I can buy it and replace it? It is not too time sensitive as the light is operational and I have it pretty firmly held in place for now.
If its what i think you are saying, i have one in my garage after i changed out my brake light. I have the whole assembly that you can raise and lower. Take a pic of what you are talking about just to make sure.

OP
OP

offandon

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will do tonight when the Jeep gets home. Thanks

OP
OP

offandon

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is the plastic piece behind the tire as shown. Thanks for any help with identification so I can find one.

IMG_1278.jpg

IMG_1279.jpg

whadley

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

Sponsored

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
I came here really hoping to see a great story about how you sent it so hard you took out a street stop light.
Ha ha. I thought the same thing initially.

To the OP - just another example of great people here helping out. There is no shortage of jerks here but the good folks far outnumber them. The JL is still relatively new and as such, some parts are not easily found, but somebody somewhere has already encountered a similar issue.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Ha ha. I thought the same thing initially.

To the OP - just another example of great people here helping out. There is no shortage of jerks here but the good folks far outnumber them. The JL is still relatively new and as such, some parts are not easily found, but somebody somewhere has already encountered a similar issue.
:like: I'm pretty sure anyone who did a CHMSL relocate would have that part, which would be tons of people on the forum. Maybe @offandon or anyone in similar situation could post in the marketplace as WTB, heck someone might just give it away.

OP
OP

offandon

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks everyone for the replies, I’ll check out the relocation or a wtb for an extra someone may have.

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
Ok, so after some digging i found it. You pay for shipping and ill send it. IF you want to toss a couple bucks my way i would'nt turn it down :)

20190521_073648.jpg

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
Oh, the brake wire was cut for an aftermarket brake light so you will just need to tap off of it to hook it back up.
Sponsored