Looking for Boot for Soft Top

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
So Far the only one I know of is the J-Tops Boot and I am not impressed with it and would like to find other options, however it is not a full boot as it does not completely encapsolate the soft top it leaves the bottom of the sides exposed. That is problematic in that there have been several reports of top getting damaged from rubbing in those locations when the top is down. The purpose of a Boot is to protect and minimalize your top in the down position.

Any recommendations greatly appreciated...

Here is the J-Top Boot

Sponsored

Papi4baby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Thanks for posting this, informational.

Are boots just to keep it tidy?

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Thanks for posting this, informational.

Are boots just to keep it tidy?
Pretty much... Also when the top is down it will prevent stress from the wind that will cause movement as well as potential damage, it look much cleaner. As I mentioned above there have been several complaints that rubbing in the down position has created wholes in the top.

Sital

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys - Reign
Pretty much... Also when the top is down it will prevent stress from the wind that will cause movement as well as potential damage, it look much cleaner. As I mentioned above there have been several complaints that rubbing in the down position has created wholes in the top.
Just to be clear, are those complaints you mention regarding this boot, or just from having the soft top down in general? I'm assuming you mean just having the soft top down which is why you're looking for a boot.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Just to be clear, are those complaints you mention regarding this boot, or just from having the soft top down in general? I'm assuming you mean just having the soft top down which is why you're looking for a boot.
He probably means in general. There have been random comments in the JLWrangler Forum site where the wind is moving stuff around, rubbing and causing some cosmetic damage to the soft top in the down position and none of them mention a boot or cover.

Sponsored

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Those problems are without a boot, which is one reason I want one, The above J-Tops boot because it does not cover the entire end does not solve the rubbing issue. Also the top without a boot has a lot of movement (flopping with the folds catching air) at hiway speeds

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
I have the JTops Boot Cover, got it last year, as much as I like the look of a boot cover, the JTop one is not that great.

Deleted member

So Far the only one I know of is the J-Tops Boot and I am not impressed with it and would like to find other options, however it is not a full boot as it does not completely encapsolate the soft top it leaves the bottom of the sides exposed. That is problematic in that there have been several reports of top getting damaged from rubbing in those locations when the top is down. The purpose of a Boot is to protect and minimalize your top in the down position.

Here is the J-Top Boot

I use these, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00575600W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and they work great and improves visibility

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7

Here is the J-Top Boot

Fully encapsulated... For the most part

20190310_185250.jpg

20190310_185210.jpg

Sponsored

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
Has anyone tried to re-use the wrap the soft top came with??
I'll use the tiebacks for when the top is down, but IMHO the original wrap would be great for winter storage..

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I'll second the issue with the JTop boot not covering the corners. I made the mistake of not realizing this nor seeing this thread. Every convertible boot I've owned (non-Jeeps) full encase the top. I have a secure cargo cover and expected the JTop to cover the corners since they sit on the cargo cover. Nope!

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I'll second the issue with the JTop boot not covering the corners. I made the mistake of not realizing this nor seeing this thread. Every convertible boot I've owned (non-Jeeps) full encase the top. I have a secure cargo cover and expected the JTop to cover the corners since they sit on the cargo cover. Nope!
Actually I have the Slipstream enclosure and to protect the corners of the top when down I added 4"x4"x1" pads where the corners of the soft top meet the slipstream the J-tops any full boot would not hold up to those corners om the down position so having the open end is actually a benefit, otherwise you will be wearing through full coverage boots regularly

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
In the video on jtops he said the corners are not covered due to the jl version having to sit lower in the pan. I don’t have one yet but they seem to be the only ticket at the moment and I would have to think it’s better than nothing.
Sponsored