Looking for amber backlit round lights for the front bumper - Sting Gray 392

utjmac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited 392
Not modifying the 392 much initially, but do intend to install a winch and set of bumper mount lights.

I’d prefer to put great lights on there, but some that will integrate with the factory aux switches, versus having a vendor specific multi-switch that will need to be mounted.

I was considering a set of amber backlit floods for off road illumination, and curious if anyone has a set mounted on the 392 to see if it compliments or clashes with the bronze hooks and trim.

If it does, will likely just go with a non-backlit set. Anyone have a favorite?

Rigid, ARB, seem to be my front runner at the moment. Historically, I’ve always been a Hella/IPF guy, but their products seem ro be stagnant compared to what I had access to 10 years ago. Thanks in advance for your insight, I greatly appreciate it.
John
Sponsored

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
I think it would be cool to have those TRX style hood lights on the 392

SecretChimp

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Not back lit, but I've used Clearwater LEDs on two motorcycles now. They're pricy but high quality. I have the smaller "Darlas" and they put out a ton of light. I used the amber filters but they greenish. I like them for my bike. But they're not amber. You can see this in some of their pics.

On my bike, they integrate into the CANbus so that no 3rd party switch is required. It appears that the JL kit does use a switch that you mount under the dash (and drill into the dash). I imagine you could wire it to the aux switches but perhaps lose the dimming capability from the cabin. They might have a different kit or configuration that meets your requirements more closely.

Here's a link to their kit for the JL
https://www.clearwaterlights.com/collections/off-road-lighting/vehicle_jeep-jl

OP
OP
utjmac

utjmac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited 392
Not back lit, but I've used Clearwater LEDs on two motorcycles now. They're pricy but high quality. I have the smaller "Darlas" and they put out a ton of light. I used the amber filters but they greenish. I like them for my bike. But they're not amber. You can see this in some of their pics.

On my bike, they integrate into the CANbus so that no 3rd party switch is required. It appears that the JL kit does use a switch that you mount under the dash (and drill into the dash). I imagine you could wire it to the aux switches but perhaps lose the dimming capability from the cabin. They might have a different kit or configuration that meets your requirements more closely.

Here's a link to their kit for the JL
https://www.clearwaterlights.com/collections/off-road-lighting/vehicle_jeep-jl
That’s a unique way to run lights. Seems good thought has been put inTo them

Those Baja Designs Lp6 look pretty spot on, for what I’m looking for, and some good photos with JLs and a winch. Never heard of them that I can recall, but it’s been a while. They are proud of them, but they look solid. Anyone have experience with them?

Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

That’s a unique way to run lights. Seems good thought has been put inTo them

Those Baja Designs Lp6 look pretty spot on, for what I’m looking for, and some good photos with JLs and a winch. Never heard of them that I can recall, but it’s been a while. They are proud of them, but they look solid. Anyone have experience with them?
Baja designs is premium. I ran a bunch of their lights on my last rig, and will be running LP6s on my XR when it shows up. No quality complaints, and the output is great, as to be expected.

OP
OP
utjmac

utjmac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited 392
It’s difficult to tell, do they sell an LP6, that is backlit amber, but a white lamp? It looks subtle. I don’t really want an amber lamp, but white when on, and amber backlight I think would look pretty good.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

It’s difficult to tell, do they sell an LP6, that is backlit amber, but a white lamp? It looks subtle. I don’t really want an amber lamp, but white when on, and amber backlight I think would look pretty good.
5,000k white output. The Baja stuff is unique in its modularity though, if you decide you want to change the light output pattern or color later you can just swap the lenses out for not much money. Go from a “white spot” to an “amber wide” with just a lens.

RBICN392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
I lost my factory fog lights after putting a Motobilt bumper on. I wanted something that would plug into the factory fog wires. I was always a Rigid LED buyer but after finding Baja Designs makes lights that plug into the JL harness I had to get those! These are actually made to fit into the stock bumper and replace the fogs but I just used the stainless bracket they came with a drilled a couple holes in the bumper. Very impressed with the quality, Would buy again for sure.
Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for amber backlit round lights for the front bumper - Sting Gray 392 BB831D19-0695-4CE0-B999-5A716D8FDC8E

OP
OP
utjmac

utjmac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited 392
I lost my factory fog lights after putting a Motobilt bumper on. I wanted something that would plug into the factory fog wires. I was always a Rigid LED buyer but after finding Baja Designs makes lights that plug into the JL harness I had to get those! These are actually made to fit into the stock bumper and replace the fogs but I just used the stainless bracket they came with a drilled a couple holes in the bumper. Very impressed with the quality, Would buy again for sure.
Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for amber backlit round lights for the front bumper - Sting Gray 392 BB831D19-0695-4CE0-B999-5A716D8FDC8E
Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I read that they have harnesses that integrate with factory harness, but I need to call and find out if that means the LP-6 can operate off the Aux buttons without any butchering. Fingers crossed.
Is that a Zeon winch?

Sponsored

RBICN392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I read that they have harnesses that integrate with factory harness, but I need to call and find out if that means the LP-6 can operate off the Aux buttons without any butchering. Fingers crossed.
Is that a Zeon winch?
No problem. Yes it is a Zeon 10s.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I have a pair of LP6s going on a Mopar winch guard either this week or next. I just picked up my 392 but have all the parts in the garage. Will post photos after installed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
utjmac

utjmac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited 392
Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for amber backlit round lights for the front bumper - Sting Gray 392 1631407398661

These are all amber back light. Baja Design. LP6s on bumper and LP4s on cowl.
Sam
Y’all are awesome. Exactly what I was looking for!
Sponsored