gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Alrighty folks.. Rubicon is on its way... Need some advice.. I've been reading for days now, and still feel a bit lost.

Let's start with the wheels.. I'm interested in putting a set of aftermarket 20" (Haven't discounted the idea 18's, but like how 20's look) wheels under the Rubi, and looking at either 35s.or 37s. I'm mainly interested in the wheels that show some depth, think xd818 Heist or Moto Metal's MO978 Razor, but I don't want the wheel tire combo to stick outside the fender too much. I'd love to go with a 20x9, but most are either unavailable in a negative offset or are so far into the positive that I'm driven to a 20x10, typically with a -24'ish offset. I've heard from my local shop that any offset between 0 and -19 is safe, but anything greater than -19, I'll need a lift (leaning toward some 2" leveling lift kit that rides just as good if not better than stock, so open for suggestions there too).

As far as tired, this is going to mostly be a pavement surfer with the occasional camping trip that accompanies some trail riding. Not quite a weekend warrior, but one never knows.. hahaha The debate is on between 35's and 37's... I want a comfortable and silent right. I've read good things about both the Milestar Patagonia M/T and the Dick Cepek Extreme M/T. I'm open to other suggestions, and looking for options in the All-Terrain category.. Thoughts??

Last that lift.. It's a pesky one.. Do you go budget boost with one of the top tier spacer lifts, go cheap with the RC, or just look at one of the 2-3" suspension systems (swapping out shocks, springs, etc..)?

So,, all of that's in one giant post.. Advice is welcome, but keep it peaceful.. I saw a whole lot of religion in a few posts that muddied many of these topics (pun intended). Lastly, not afraid to spend the money to do this right, but the ultimate goal is to make a very comfortable and capable every day drive that doesn't break the bank.. Thanks everyone..
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
For what you plan on doing, I would suggest staying stock height if you run 35s. If you decide on 37s, the Rough Country 2.5 spacer lift will be perfect. It will maintain your stock ride and give you plenty of space for the tires.

The Milestar Patagonia is the most street friendly MT there is. If you plan on staying mostly on road an AT would be a solid choice. Some aggressive looking AT tires to check out:

BFG KO2
GY Duratrac
Falken Wildpeak A/T3W
General Grabber AT2 or ATX
Pro Comp AT2
Mastercraft CXT
Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ P3
Nitto Ridge Grappler

A 20x9 wheel will not show depth/have a deep lip. 20x10 won't show much either. For the deep lip look, you need a 20x12 wheel which will stick out past the fenders decently. Most vendors show a picture of a 20x12 wheel for all wheel sizes which can be deceiving.

OP
OP

gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
For what you plan on doing, I would suggest staying stock height if you run 35s. If you decide on 37s, the Rough Country 2.5 spacer lift will be perfect. It will maintain your stock ride and give you plenty of space for the tires.

The Milestar Patagonia is the most street friendly MT there is. If you plan on staying mostly on road an AT would be a solid choice. Some aggressive looking AT tires to check out:

BFG KO2
GY Duratrac
Falken Wildpeak A/T3W
General Grabber AT2 or ATX
Pro Comp AT2
Mastercraft CXT
Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ P3
Nitto Ridge Grappler

A 20x9 wheel will not show depth/have a deep lip. 20x10 won't show much either. For the deep lip look, you need a 20x12 wheel which will stick out past the fenders decently. Most vendors show a picture of a 20x12 wheel for all wheel sizes which can be deceiving.
Any thoughts on what offset / back space I would want to target to minimize how much a 20x10 would extended beyond the fender?

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I’m doing a 20x10 -18 offset with 35x12.50s ridge grapplers

Sponsored

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I’ve been told -18 might rub. I have them on order and keeping my fingers crossed.

OP
OP

gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I really want either xd818s (custom) Heist (https://www.wheelpros.com/wheel/20320/xd818-heist) or Moto Metal MO978 (https://www.wheelpros.com/wheel/30237/mo978-razor) in 20x9. Unfortunately they don't make either in 20x9 with a 0 to -19 offset, so stuck going 20x10 with -24 offset. I'm hearing a -19 rubs, so looks like I have no choice but to go with a 2" lift of some sort.. I'm thinking of just the RC 2.5 budget lift with some new shocks and lower control arms, but at that point, might be easier just to throw a whole suspension kit under it. It's never ending.. hahahaha

Sponsored

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, I have the tires. The wheels are on back order. They said end of February, unfortunately. I think it will look good with the Sting-Gray. Just hope I don't have any rubbing issues.

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, they are on a 4-8 week backorder. Don't hold your breath, lol. Hopefully, I get mine around the end of February.
Sponsored