Sponsored

Looking for a tough sounding exhaust for 2.0L (Opinions Please)

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thx a lot … Is there any audio on this exhaust? Roughly what did you pay for it? If you don’t mind me asking
I bought it through Northridge 4x4 and the forum discount code (jlwranglerforum) works for it. The Trail Edition retails for $599, think I got it for $575ish......yeah, it's expensive but you won't find a better mass built exhaust for the money. They're made out of mandrel bent T-304 stainless steel tubing, which will last a LONG time and not rust out.

Go to AWE's website, they have a bunch of audio/video clips of their Tread and Trail exhausts for the 2.0:

https://www.awe-tuning.com/make/jeep
Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
AWE make some fantastic products in the VW/Audi world… lucky Jeep owners have the option. 👍🏼

BUT BUT BUT, jeeps arent race cars, so i would only add if there was a measurable performance improvement.
Agree with your first claim.

But for your second point, the performance improvement FOR ME is:
  1. the clearance their Trail edition gives me, WITH a better tone/sound over the typical Muffler Delete pipes out there
    1. The Trail Edition is nicely tucked up and experienced no damage on my Rubicon trip
  2. the quality of the build and materials will outlast the vast majority of less made systems
    1. this will save money, labor, time, etc. in the future by not having to replace a rusted out system
I didn't buy it for any perceived gains in torque, HP, MPG, etc. I bought it because it was the best system for my Jeep and I hate buying cheap junk and having to replace it down the road. I experienced that with the Dynomax delete pipe I let my son talk me into.

Bloody Marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP 2 DR WILLYS 21, CHEVY TRAIL BOSS 19
Uhhhmmm..............It's a 4 banger...........

OP
OP
dshark1

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
I have the Borla S-type catback. Love mine!
Easy install. Completed without jacks (on my steep driveway). It has a Deep Sound, not tinny! It’s about a 7.5/10 on the loud scale compared to stock, if stock is around a 5/10 on the loud scale.
If you choose the Borla ATAK, you’d be at about the 9.0/10 loud scale.
On occasion, I wished I ordered the ATAK over the S type, lol. Then again, in the end, I’m very pleased with my choice.
Favo thing about the Borla is that it’s really a single exit exhaust (better exhaust scavenging for more torque) with dual tips.
YMMV,
B
How big of a difference between cat vs axle back? With the Borla, Wondering?

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Agree with your first claim.

But for your second point, the performance improvement FOR ME is:
  1. the clearance their Trail edition gives me, WITH a better tone/sound over the typical Muffler Delete pipes out there
    1. The Trail Edition is nicely tucked up and experienced no damage on my Rubicon trip
  2. the quality of the build and materials will outlast the vast majority of less made systems
    1. this will save money, labor, time, etc. in the future by not having to replace a rusted out system
I didn't buy it for any perceived gains in torque, HP, MPG, etc. I bought it because it was the best system for my Jeep and I hate buying cheap junk and having to replace it down the road. I experienced that with the Dynomax delete pipe I let my son talk me into.
Got a question for ya. How does the Trail edition route over the rear axle on a 2.0? Do you have a rear trackbar relocation bracket installed? I've got the Trail edition installed on my 3.6 with a rear trackbar relo bracket and here's my problem

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for a tough sounding exhaust for 2.0L (Opinions Please) 20210606_073958

Anytime I hit a bump the exhaust is hitting either the track bar or sway bar, a hard bump and the pipe gets pinched in between the two and the exhaust is now a hard bump stop. The heat tape in the picture was just me trying to figure out which one it was hitting (rubber hanger allows alot of up-down play), turns out it's hitting both.

Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Got a question for ya. How does the Trail edition route over the rear axle on a 2.0? Do you have a rear trackbar relocation bracket installed? I've got the Trail edition installed on my 3.6 with a rear trackbar relo bracket and here's my problem

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for a tough sounding exhaust for 2.0L (Opinions Please) 20210606_073958

Anytime I hit a bump the exhaust is hitting either the track bar or sway bar, a hard bump and the pipe gets pinched in between the two and the exhaust is now a hard bump stop. The heat tape in the picture was just me trying to figure out which one it was hitting (rubber hanger allows alot of up-down play), turns out it's hitting both.
Jim, out of all of the pics I have, I don't have one showing what you're looking for. I'll get one later once my son gets home from work.

To answer your question: I don't have a TB relocation mount, I use a Clayton rear TB. The AWE Trail Edition tail pipe is routed similar to the Dynomax delete pipe I had. The AWE exhaust pipe does not rub on my TB or sway bar. I will get a pic tonight so you can see exactly how it's routed.

Buddy Lee

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I got the Borla Climber exhaust system for my JL 2.0. It comes in the “touring” or “sport” edition. I chose the touring because it is quite but has a nice growl. The sport edition is much louder and has a more distinctive growl. The kit is easy to mount and offers great off-road performance. There is definitely no drone. I posted an install with pictures in the 2.0 forum section.

OP
OP
dshark1

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
I got the Borla Climber exhaust system for my JL 2.0. It comes in the “touring” or “sport” edition. I chose the touring because it is quite but has a nice growl. The sport edition is much louder and has a more distinctive growl. The kit is easy to mount and offers great off-road performance. There is definitely no drone. I posted an install with pictures in the 2.0 forum section.
Thank U … will definitely check it out!

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Here ya go Jim......let me know if these don't show what you were looking for.

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for a tough sounding exhaust for 2.0L (Opinions Please) IMG_1141

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for a tough sounding exhaust for 2.0L (Opinions Please) IMG_1142

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for a tough sounding exhaust for 2.0L (Opinions Please) IMG_1144

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for a tough sounding exhaust for 2.0L (Opinions Please) IMG_1145

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for a tough sounding exhaust for 2.0L (Opinions Please) IMG_1148

BenDiem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 991.2TT; 23 EVO RWD
Occupation
US Gov’t Contractor & Gym Rat
How big of a difference between cat vs axle back? With the Borla, Wondering?
If I had to guess, about the same, inasmuch that Borla is a proven exhaust company that generally manufactures most of their aftermarket exhaust parts to fit/accommodate OEM fitment. Bear in mind, any increase/decrease in any part of your exhaust system, will effect sound, exhaust flow/scavenging, and performance.

GL/Cheers,
B

Sponsored

OP
OP
dshark1

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
If I had to guess, about the same, inasmuch that Borla is a proven exhaust company that generally manufactures most of their aftermarket exhaust parts to fit/accommodate OEM fitment. Bear in mind, any increase/decrease in any part of your exhaust system, will effect sound, exhaust flow/scavenging, and performance.

GL/Cheers,
B
Thx for the info. I notice that u mention u have cat back. When I went on the Borla website & plugged my info in for my 2.0 2dr it only gave me axle back options. Is there a reason U chose catback vs axle back?

YellOhJL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Network Engineer
As far as I know, Boral is the only one who has a specific muffler for the 2.0. The others list their exhaust kits for the 2.0 and the 3.6 (same part #). The Borla would fit either also, but the mufflers were tuned for the specific engine. (Please let me know if there are others).

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

ML7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Go with the flowmaster Outlaw it removes the muffler is bolt on and gives a good sound. I would also look at adding the Mopar Cold Air intake or something similar to get more air in.
Sponsored