Sponsored

Looking for a tough sounding exhaust for 2.0L (Opinions Please)

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
Really considering a new exhaust for my 2dr 2.0 Rubi. I think this girl deserves to be heard! Nothing obnoxious, Just want her presence to be known is all. (Deep & throaty) Non tinny sound.

1.Bolt on is a must
2. Is it possible to achieve such a sound with a four-cylinder? Cmon guys , give me your best advice. Much appreciated & thx in advance!

Borla ?
Flowmaster?
Magnaflow?
AWE?
Sponsored

OP
OP
dshark1

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
Just to add , I have watched clips and sounds on YouTube but it is just so hard to tell, listening online. Hoping to hear from the guys that have actual experience with a particular exhaust system 🤙🏽

MorningStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
I went with the Rough Country Performance Exhaust for my 2.0. Affordable price, decent quality, nice loud sound. Definitely noticeable. I did have to have a muffler shop add some extensions to it as it was sitting crooked and up against my aftermarket bumper. Didn’t want it to melt the bumper. Overall happy with it.

https://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-dual-exhaust-system-96003.html

Attachments

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I currently have the AWE Trail Edition on my 2.0 and love it. It is a very high quality piece with excellent craftsmanship. I think it has a nice deep and throaty sound, as much as can be had from a 4 cylinder. The AWE replaced a Dynomax delete pipe and the AWE is SO MUCH better than a delete pipe.

The delete pipe was just plain LOUD and annoying after a while. The AWE is more mellow while driving, yet lets you know it's there when you get into the throttle.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
We went with the Hooker Blackheart exhaust and we love it - on both 3.6 and 2.0. They are considered "high tuck". They sound nearly quieter than stock, but have this low rumble (not annoying). There's no drone. We came from the Dyno delete and we both hated it. I dont know if there's a lot of vids on these exhaust, but we love them. You should consider it, if you can find a sound clip.

Sponsored

JL_Confidential

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gecko Willys Sport 2-door
Occupation
I'd tell you, but you know the rest....
I currently have the AWE Trail Edition on my 2.0 and love it. It is a very high quality piece with excellent craftsmanship. I think it has a nice deep and throaty sound, as much as can be had from a 4 cylinder. The AWE replaced a Dynomax delete pipe and the AWE is SO MUCH better than a delete pipe.

The delete pipe was just plain LOUD and annoying after a while. The AWE is more mellow while driving, yet lets you know it's there when you get into the throttle.
I’m considering this exhaust when my 2.0 gets here. Any noticeable drone? I did the muffler delete on my 3.6 and the drone was terrible. Went back to stock within a week.

OP
OP
dshark1

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
I went with the Rough Country Performance Exhaust for my 2.0. Affordable price, decent quality, nice loud sound. Definitely noticeable. I did have to have a muffler shop add some extensions to it as it was sitting crooked and up against my aftermarket bumper. Didn’t want it to melt the bumper. Overall happy with it.

https://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-dual-exhaust-system-96003.html
Thank you so much for your input. Could not hear the video you provided on my phone, maybe because it’s a iPhone? How do you like this exhaust on the highway?

OP
OP
dshark1

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR

Thx a lot … Is there any audio on this exhaust? Roughly what did you pay for it? If you don’t mind me asking

OP
OP
dshark1

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
Let's be honest. You're not going to get a deep throaty sound out of a 4cyl turbo.
That’s what I’m afraid of. Going to try and squeeze it, for everything she has captain! Lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
dshark1

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
We went with the Hooker Blackheart exhaust and we love it - on both 3.6 and 2.0. They are considered "high tuck". They sound nearly quieter than stock, but have this low rumble (not annoying). There's no drone. We came from the Dyno delete and we both hated it. I dont know if there's a lot of vids on these exhaust, but we love them. You should consider it, if you can find a sound clip.
Will definitely look into it. Thanks for your input, Highly appreciate it.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I’m considering this exhaust when my 2.0 gets here. Any noticeable drone? I did the muffler delete on my 3.6 and the drone was terrible. Went back to stock within a week.
I did experience one slight time with minor drone......I was in 5th gear (automatic) with moderate to heavy engine load going up a steep grade through the mountains. This is the only circumstances I have heard any drone and like I said, the drone was pretty minor.

I've had really bad drone before in a TJ which made me want to stick an ice pick through my brain.....this was nothing like that. Overall, I've yet to see or hear any other exhaust which I'd change the AWE out for.

BenDiem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 991.2TT; 23 EVO RWD
Occupation
US Gov’t Contractor & Gym Rat
I have the Borla S-type catback. Love mine!
Easy install. Completed without jacks (on my steep driveway). It has a Deep Sound, not tinny! It’s about a 7.5/10 on the loud scale compared to stock, if stock is around a 5/10 on the loud scale.
If you choose the Borla ATAK, you’d be at about the 9.0/10 loud scale.
On occasion, I wished I ordered the ATAK over the S type, lol. Then again, in the end, I’m very pleased with my choice.
Favo thing about the Borla is that it’s really a single exit exhaust (better exhaust scavenging for more torque) with dual tips.
YMMV,
B

EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
I did experience one slight time with minor drone......I was in 5th gear (automatic) with moderate to heavy engine load going up a steep grade through the mountains. This is the only circumstances I have heard any drone and like I said, the drone was pretty minor.

I've had really bad drone before in a TJ which made me want to stick an ice pick through my brain.....this was nothing like that. Overall, I've yet to see or hear any other exhaust which I'd change the AWE out for.
AWE make some fantastic products in the VW/Audi world… lucky Jeep owners have the option. 👍🏼

BUT BUT BUT, jeeps arent race cars, so i would only add if there was a measurable performance improvement.
Sponsored