Sponsored

Looking for a tough sounding exhaust for 2.0L (Opinions Please)

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Yes I bought it on Amazon.

I ordered this…

A-KARCK 2.5" Inlet Exhaust Resonator, 2.5" Inlet 2.5" Outlet 11.5" Overall Length Resonator Stainless Steel Polished
Added to my cart. Thanks.
Sponsored

Deleted member 43521

Added to my cart. Thanks.
I know you can bolt on, BUT I like welded as it makes it cleaner, just know if you weld yourself, put setting on low arc and voltage. I forgot both were on high and blew through the resonator ends.

dougywarren

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 4xe Sahara
AWE make some fantastic products in the VW/Audi world… lucky Jeep owners have the option. 👍🏼

BUT BUT BUT, jeeps arent race cars, so i would only add if there was a measurable performance improvement.

one of the best sounding 4 cylinder exhausts I ever heard was actually a cat back system from the VW catalog back in the early 00's. It was made by Remus and it had one of the deepest notes I've heard from a 4 cyl exhaust and it wasn't too loud or tinny at all. It was a really high quality too. So I second this, if it's a decent 4 cyl exhaust you're looking for, the VW crowd knows what they're doing.

IAMTHEBEASTIWORSHIP

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys JLU
i've been looking at the borla cat-back systems, and i've got a (possibly stupid) question that i'm hoping someone can answer. on the borla website, the touring model shows "Truck Single Right Rear Exit," while the s-type model shows "Truck Single Left Rear Exit." does that mean that the touring is routed on the right side of the vehicle while the s-type is on the left? the pics on the website seem identical as far as the tube length/bends. seems that most of the aftermarket exhausts all align on the left side of the vehicle..? can anyone shed some light on this?

Sponsored

swflfireguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired Fireman
Vehicle Showcase

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
i've been looking at the borla cat-back systems, and i've got a (possibly stupid) question that i'm hoping someone can answer. on the borla website, the touring model shows "Truck Single Right Rear Exit," while the s-type model shows "Truck Single Left Rear Exit." does that mean that the touring is routed on the right side of the vehicle while the s-type is on the left? the pics on the website seem identical as far as the tube length/bends. seems that most of the aftermarket exhausts all align on the left side of the vehicle..? can anyone shed some light on this?
I just checked the Borla site. I'm calling it a typo on their Touring Climber cat-back system. I have that specific system and it exits on the left rear. All 2.0 exhaust systems run along the driver side frame rail, from the engine to just behind the rear axle, where only the dual tailpipe models will expand to the right side.

By the way, the Touring Climber cat-back is an awesome setup! Just enough of a bass-tone growl to let you know it's there, without sounding like you're auditioning for the next fast and furious movie. Zero drone at all rpm's and speeds, just as advertised. Maximum ground clearance gain. And an added plus is they are made of 2.75" T304 stainless, which won't rust in wet/salty environments.

It really opened up the rear end...
Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for a tough sounding exhaust for 2.0L (Opinions Please) 20210117_135607_resized
Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for a tough sounding exhaust for 2.0L (Opinions Please) 20220305_101559_resized_20220317-122952

Egralia

First Name
Emerson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Been looking at that one myself...
Has to sound better but hows the fuel mileage and throttle response?
The sound is loud when the engine is cold but it will quiet down. Its noticeable but not annoying when driving with the windows up (hardtop). With the radio at 13 i can barley hear the exhaust (Apline System) Gas mileage cant say since i mostly drive in bumper to bumper traffic, I would know more this weekend since i am doing a trip.

CorvZ061

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
I currently have the AWE Trail Edition on my 2.0 and love it. It is a very high quality piece with excellent craftsmanship. I think it has a nice deep and throaty sound, as much as can be had from a 4 cylinder. The AWE replaced a Dynomax delete pipe and the AWE is SO MUCH better than a delete pipe.

The delete pipe was just plain LOUD and annoying after a while. The AWE is more mellow while driving, yet lets you know it's there when you get into the throttle.
I had an AWE exhaust on my Focus ST (2.0 turbo) and it was the best sounding exhaust on that platform IMO. Those guys know what they're doing, with the 4 cylinders.

Sponsored

IAMTHEBEASTIWORSHIP

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys JLU
I just checked the Borla site. I'm calling it a typo on their Touring Climber cat-back system. I have that specific system and it exits on the left rear. All 2.0 exhaust systems run along the driver side frame rail, from the engine to just behind the rear axle, where only the dual tailpipe models will expand to the right side.

By the way, the Touring Climber cat-back is an awesome setup! Just enough of a bass-tone growl to let you know it's there, without sounding like you're auditioning for the next fast and furious movie. Zero drone at all rpm's and speeds, just as advertised. Maximum ground clearance gain. And an added plus is they are made of 2.75" T304 stainless, which won't rust in wet/salty environments.

It really opened up the rear end...
thanks for the input! i'll probably pull the trigger, just gotta get wife-approval :)

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
thanks for the input! i'll probably pull the trigger, just gotta get wife-approval :)
I've gotten most of my parts from Northridge 4x4. I tell my wife how fiscally responsible I am because I always make sure I hit the $70 minimum for free shipping. I conveniently leave out the part about each order being a minimum of 20 times that minimum. :bandit:

She's a smart girl though, and is starting to catch on because I know way more about what's going on with my UPS drivers family than I do with my own.
Sponsored