Looking for a quality set of beadlocks

Newton

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Looking for a quality set of beadlocks, would like to hear personal experiences with specific brands and whether or not you would recommend said brand. Thanks in advance
Sponsored

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I had a set of MOPAR beadlocks and would not recommend them. The bolts are not recessed in the ring, spacers are not made for the rings, and the backspacing/offset isn’t ideal for some lifts.

OP
OP
Newton

Newton

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I should probably note I’m specifically looking for 17x9 and 3.5 to 4.5in backspacing. Price is not a factor.

OP
OP
Newton

Newton

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I had a set of MOPAR beadlocks and would not recommend them. The bolts are not recessed in the ring, spacers are not made for the rings, and the backspacing/offset isn’t ideal for some lifts.
Thank you for the response, I hate you had a bad experience but I appreciate the details. Those are the things I’m trying to avoid for sure.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
There are a group of us that wheel all over the country together. We all run beadlocks. I run the ATX Slabs and they have taken a beating. Of all of our beadlocks I think my wheels are the strongest. They are also the heaviest. They has the biggest beadlock ring. The one thing that I don't like about them. Is there is no drainage from the beadlock ring, so they hold water between the ring and the wheel. I have to towel or use a vacuum to get the water out of the wheel after a wash. 17/9 with -3.5 of back space.

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for a quality set of beadlocks 1613652610454

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for a quality set of beadlocks 1613654104281

two of my Buds uses the KMC beadlock wheel. These are also great wheels. I like the fact that it has two value steams. He runs the TPM sensor in one hole and a regular on in the other hole that he uses to air down and up. His rings have drains built into the beadlock ring. These are tough wheels also. 17/9 with -4.5 of back space.
Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for a quality set of beadlocks 1613652983638

Three of my other buds use Dirty Life beadlock wheels. These have also been great wheels that have taken a pounding. The beadlock ring is not as strong as the other sets, but they have stood up to Moab, the Rubicon Trail, Windrock, Rauch Creek, etc.... They are a 17/9 wheel with -4.5 of backspacing.
Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for a quality set of beadlocks 1613653311454

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for a quality set of beadlocks 1613653349734

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for a quality set of beadlocks 1613653478271

One bud had DV8 beadlocks. They were junk. He had bolts on all four wheels break. One wheel had five bolts break on the beadlock ring. The inserts in the wheels strip out and are just about impossible to get the correct inserts from DV8. He struggled for months trying to get the wheels right. DV8 has been little to no help. they send him the incorrect insert twice. The bolts for the rings should be hardened bots, that get torqued to 20 to 24 pounds, There is no way these should break yet all four of his wheels have had bolt failures and insert failures.

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for a quality set of beadlocks 1613653772064

He pulled off the DV8 wheels and went to KMC beadlock wheels and has never looked back.

I do not have a current picture of his gladiator with the KMC wheels...... The only picture I have of his gladiator after the wheel swap does not show the wheels very well. However it Dows show the underside of his 70,000 gladiator pretty well. I know your wondering how this happened. Freezing rain came in before they could get off the trail. He slid down the hill up the embankment and flipped on the side. about $7,000 damage. He had a $100 dollar deductible. The dealer did a great job in fixing it for him.

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for a quality set of beadlocks 1613654645508

So in review, we have had great luck with ATX wheels, KMC wheels and Dirty Life wheels. Run from DV8 wheels.

Sponsored

mtnbiker73

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2015 JKU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
KMC Machete or Raceline. I run the KMC on my JKU and my wife runs the Raceline. Both are well made and have taken a beating.

IMG_20190718_170132.jpg

IMG_20200830_110754.jpg

TOTL Innovations

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.totlinnovations.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK
Well if money is no object then get the only DOT approved beadlock that is also used on US Military vehicles. Hutchinson Rock Monster. Downfall they are heavy but certainly the best.
Backspacing on those is ~4.6x which is a bit outside the OP's original target.

I have run Method and Walker Evans in the past. Both are awesome wheels and didnt give me any issues.

OP
OP
Newton

Newton

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
There are a group of us that wheel all over the country together. We all run beadlocks. I run the ATX Slabs and they have taken a beating. Of all of our beadlocks I think my wheels are the strongest. They are also the heaviest. They has the biggest beadlock ring. The one thing that I don't like about them. Is there is no drainage from the beadlock ring, so they hold water between the ring and the wheel. I have to towel or use a vacuum to get the water out of the wheel after a wash. 17/9 with -3.5 of back space.

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for a quality set of beadlocks 20200925_144221

two of my Buds uses the KMC beadlock wheel. These are also great wheels. I like the fact that it has two value steams. He runs the TPM sensor in one hole and a regular on in the other hole that he uses to air down and up. His rings have drains built into the beadlock ring. These are tough wheels also. 17/9 with -4.5 of back space.

Three of my other buds use Dirty Life beadlock wheels. These have also been great wheels that have taken a pounding. The beadlock ring is not as strong as the other sets, but they have stood up to Moab, the Rubicon Trail, Windrock, Rauch Creek, etc.... They are a 17/9 wheel with -4.5 of backspacing.

One bud had DV8 beadlocks. They were junk. He had bolts on all four wheels break. One wheel had five bolts break on the beadlock ring. The inserts in the wheels strip out and are just about impossible to get the correct inserts from DV8. He struggled for months trying to get the wheels right. DV8 has been little to no help. they send him the incorrect insert twice. The bolts for the rings should be hardened bots, that get torqued to 20 to 24 pounds, There is no way these should break yet all four of his wheels have had bolt failures and insert failures.

He pulled off the DV8 wheels and went to KMC beadlock wheels and has never looked back.

I do not have a current picture of his gladiator with the KMC wheels...... The only picture I have of his gladiator after the wheel swap does not show the wheels very well. However it Dows show the underside of his 70,000 gladiator pretty well. I know your wondering how this happened. Freezing rain came in before they could get off the trail. He slid down the hill up the embankment and flipped on the side. about $7,000 damage. He had a $100 dollar deductible. The dealer did a great job in fixing it for him.

So in review, we have had great luck with ATX wheels, KMC wheels and Dirty Life wheels. Run from DV8 wheels.
I can’t thank you enough for all of the info, that’s exactly what I was looking for. KMC has been a big consideration during this and I’m glad your review was so good. They aren’t as heavy and the water drainage holes are cool but only if they hold up to the same abuse as others. I’m going to look into atx and dirty life a little further as well. Thank you! And with those 3 brands you haven’t run into any air leaking issues? Also looking at pics it seems y’all are pretty fond of the stt pros which I have been heavily considering. Anything to report on those tires?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Newton

Newton

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
KMC Machete or Raceline. I run the KMC on my JKU and my wife runs the Raceline. Both are well made and have taken a beating.

That JKU is gorgeous and very well built, I appreciate the info and you pretty much solidified my want for the machetes. Any issues holding air with either set and what are y’all’s thoughts on the stt pros?

OP
OP
Newton

Newton

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Well if money is no object then get the only DOT approved beadlock that is also used on US Military vehicles. Hutchinson Rock Monster. Downfall they are heavy but certainly the best.
I have done a lot of research and your correct on them being great options but I’m a little more interested in a standard beadlock ring wheel. Not very much concerned with DOT compliance either. I appreciate the post though!

mtnbiker73

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2015 JKU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
That JKU is gorgeous and very well built, I appreciate the info and you pretty much solidified my want for the machetes. Any issues holding air with either set and what are y’all’s thoughts on the stt pros?
Thanks! Both hold air very well. Run anywhere between 6-10 psi, depending on terrain. I love the drain holes on the Machete. Both rigs shown have the 40" STT Pros on them. :) They work very well for on and off-road.

OP
OP
Newton

Newton

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I'm also making a new flow formed DOT compliant double bead lock. 17x9's with 4.5"BS. :)

I really like your setup, jeep looks fantastic. anywhere to find more info on these wheels?

OP
OP
Newton

Newton

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Backspacing on those is ~4.6x which is a bit outside the OP's original target.

I have run Method and Walker Evans in the past. Both are awesome wheels and didnt give me any issues.
I have also been looking into methods quite a bit but I’ll have to go dig up some info on the walker evans and see what they are all about. Thank you for the suggestions and info
Sponsored