Looking for a new 392.

ragmanjobber

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A LOT
First post from a new member here. I am on the hunt for a new 392. Would prefer either the blue color or the granite shade. The top must be the 1 touch retractable and the dual door group is also preferred. Aside from that, I guess they are all pretty well equip. I have found one for $91K which looks to be offered at MSRP but before calling around dealers with prospects I see on cargurus, I like to have my ducks in a row. Is MSRP pretty much what I can expect to pay for this today or are you guys really finding inventory with the options you wanted at pricing discounted from MSRP? I am far from new with Jeeps. Have had several over the years. Currently, I also own a 2009 JK which I bought new in 2009 and converted to a hemi with Rock krawler LA coil over on 40's with all the best of the best on it. I love the thing but it isnt an everyday driver anymore. Was thinking the 392 would be much more appropriate. Any advice or hunting or pricing anyone with firsthand info can share would be most appreciative.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ragmanjobber

ragmanjobber

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A LOT
I appreciate that but I am not looking for a factory order. I am looking to buy something on the floor right away if that is possible

Twist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR
If you want to order from factory then you can get below MSRP by up to 10% if you are willing to travel. This deal sometimes excludes the 392, depends on the dealer.

You said you don't want a factory order, so in that case I would say getting a 392 at MSRP is a very good deal. Most dealers will do a hefty markup on dealer stock. Frequently see them marked at over $100k

OP
OP
ragmanjobber

ragmanjobber

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A LOT
Just called a dealer in GA with pretty much everything I wanted and its in their showroom now. According to car guru site, they are asking MSRP. Hung up with the sales manager and since they opened right when I called, the sales team was in a meeting and someone will call soon. Apparently, the only reason this is in stock loaded as it is, was because a guy working at the dealership ordered it for him, and he decided to go another route making the unit available. Supposedly had delivery miles of 10-12 on it currently. Will let you guys know what happens but am optimistic to make a deal on it if these guys are not looking to play bait and switch on pricing.

Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Crystal Granite with the SOT doesn't seem to be available for order anymore, so if that's what you want and you find it on a lot for a decent price then go for it.

OP
OP
ragmanjobber

ragmanjobber

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A LOT
Dealer is already playing games. According to Cargurus, the asking price was MSRP of roughly 91K. The salesman is giving me some BS of a finish that they apply to all their vehicles to protect the clear coat finish for $1295. (clearly BS) guy said it wasnt ceramic coating, Then he is saying they adjust the MSRP to reflect market conditions for an additional $5000. Waiting on the window sticker now but pretty shitty way to do business to have it listed on one site for one price and then try jacking it up an extra $6295 for a BS paint protectant and big for market demand. If they arent willing to waive those I will keep looking.

OP
OP
ragmanjobber

ragmanjobber

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A LOT
Salesman was told to waive the fluff added or find another buyer. He is dancing with his sales manager now. Will update you guys soon. For the time being, I’ll omit the dealers name until this plays out.

Xspurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Juliet Lima
Salesman was told to waive the fluff added or find another buyer. He is dancing with his sales manager now. Will update you guys soon. For the time being, I’ll omit the dealers name until this plays out.
Good job. As much as you want one, you were able to take that stand. Good for you, I wish you luck. People who pay over MSRP hurt all of the normal buyers.

OP
OP
ragmanjobber

ragmanjobber

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A LOT
I get the premium but it isn't right using a tactic of listing at one price and then changing it to another once people call. I can almost respect the dealers asking up front for their inflated pricing more than the ones that hide it after getting someone to call. Its a Jeep. Not a Bugatti. These dealers are struggling finding cars to sell and they are losing sight of the very customers that keep them in business.

Sponsored

GladiSD

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' AEV 392 JL370, 08' S2000 CR, 08' S2000, 99' SV
Occupation
Sure...
Good job. As much as you want one, you were able to take that stand. Good for you, I wish you luck. People who pay over MSRP hurt all of the normal buyers.
LOL. Believe you me...when I paid a small amount over MSRP for my on-the-lot unit, the LAST thing I was concerned about was "hurting" all the "normal" buyers. :LOL:

My purchase was for ME, not for others. I wanted the particular configuration that was available and didn't wanna wait up to a year for the vehicle, and conversion.

Xspurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Juliet Lima
I get the premium but it isn't right using a tactic of listing at one price and then changing it to another once people call. I can almost respect the dealers asking up front for their inflated pricing more than the ones that hide it after getting someone to call. Its a Jeep. Not a Bugatti. These dealers are struggling finding cars to sell and they are losing sight of the very customers that keep them in business.
The issue is you are an out of state buyer. In a buyer's market, dealers welcome out of state buyers and sometimes give them deals better than their own local market gets because they otherwise have no access to you. An out of state buyer is a freebie customer they didn't even have to do much to get. However, in a SELLER'S market or for a rare exotic, out of state buyers are easy marks because they know you can't find it near you and are willing to travel. If you're that willing to fly there or go throught the hassle, you're probably willing to pay more. Management was trying to make up for the deal your salesman initially told you was available but again, good job holding your ground. Let us know what happens.

OP
OP
ragmanjobber

ragmanjobber

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A LOT
Dealer passed on my offer with the salesman begging me to not lose hope yet. Salesman said that if they didnt sell it in a few days, they likely will come back to me if I havent found another one. If they do, great. If they dont, thats fine too. Honestly, if I found another in the interim I would gladly not give these guys the satisfaction of my business after pulling some nonsense like this. To be continued...

cafecito820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Dealer passed on my offer with the salesman begging me to not lose hope yet. Salesman said that if they didnt sell it in a few days, they likely will come back to me if I havent found another one.
This is yet another scam tactic. I'll bet a gallon of gas that they come back in a few days and offer to drop their upcharge a small amount, but the offer will never go back down to MSRP.

After the bait-and-switch they did on you from the start, they don't deserve your business. I know this is the 392 you want, but you have the upper hand here.

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
One it’s a Jeep dealership which 95% of the time are horrible. Two If you are dealing over the phone or email they will almost never take you seriously. Nothing like being there in person with “money in hand” to drive the point that you are a serious buyer.

You might have to pay a slight premium for having the “right now today” thinking given the very limited stocks nationwide. That is basic economics. Granted “coatings” are IMO BS lies / fraud and definitely would never pay for those. The market price adjustment well it’s a bit high but understandable given supply. If $91k for a Jeep is not an issue, then another $2-4K should be chump change and accepted as the cost of having it “right now”.
Sponsored