Looking at buying a used 2018 JLU!

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
That is a lot of rust for only being ~4 years old. I couldn't see myself buying a vehicle this must rust on it already.
That is very normal amount of surface rust on after 3 winters of driving in MI. And would be considered light amount of suspension rust.

West side of MI has lake efect snow and you might me looking at 12 day at the time of constant snow/salting.
Sponsored

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Would you mind sharing the specs and price? Are you in a rush or can you wait a few weeks? It honestly may be almost the same price to order brand new with discounts.
Discounts no longer exist.
You might be looking at 20k price difference between loaded 18 sahara and buying new with all options

Ricky_C

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
You might be looking at 20k price difference between loaded 18 sahara and buying new with all options
Discounts can always be found if you look hard enough, worst case scenario you get Tread Lightly membership and purchase the vehicle 1% under invoice.

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport, JT Mojave, Sold JLU Sport S
Occupation
Cigar & IPA Snob
@dappstate You should buy new at Tri City in Eden for 5-6% under invoice (used to be up to 7%). You are only an hour away from them if you are in Winston. I sent you a PM with details.

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
Have to disagree, discounts still around. Referred a friend to the dealer I used last year but they went from 7% under invoice to now only 3% under. 2 other options currently doing 7-8% under invoice. Combine that with record breaking used car prices and the actual sale price of used vs new with invoice is closer than you may think.

OP
OP
dappstate

dappstate

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '96 Mustang Cobra, '18 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Digital Marketing
We ended up picking up a 2018 on Saturday! Had everything we wanted!! Was still about $5k cheaper than a new one with extended warranty!

Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 9.26.19 AM.png
Sponsored