Sponsored

Looking at 2.0T 2 door sport

greenfire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T 2 door
Hi All, 1st post here. I am getting ready to purchase a 2.0T 2 door sport. Jeep is on the dealers lot and is exactly how I want it. After reading on the interweb... I am a bit unsure if I should purchase this Jeep or not. I am happy with the deal so far, but I have 1st model year jitters. Between the steering problems (is this on 4 doors?) and the check engine light issues, I am uncertain. So just looking for guidance in making my decision and feedback from any 2 door 2.0T owners. I will take it for a good test drive this week and see if it has any bugs. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Bri_BKT

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Rubicon JLU 4xe; 2016 Mazda CX-5
Hi All, 1st post here. I am getting ready to purchase a 2.0T 2 door sport. Jeep is on the dealers lot and is exactly how I want it. After reading on the interweb... I am a bit unsure if I should purchase this Jeep or not. I am happy with the deal so far, but I have 1st model year jitters. Between the steering problems (is this on 4 doors?) and the check engine light issues, I am uncertain. So just looking for guidance in making my decision and feedback from any 2 door 2.0T owners. I will take it for a good test drive this week and see if it has any bugs. Thanks in advance.
Well, for sure take a test drive anyway, paying attention to steering at highway speeds. Also check the welds underneath and find out if it falls within the VIN numbers for the weld recall. If you really like it and it meets your needs AND you get a great deal on it (which you should as 2019s are almost out), then you should get it and not let all the things you see on the internet dissuade you from buying. All new vehicles come with a warranty and a good dealership will take care of you if there are any issues. But don't have fears of buying strictly based on what you see on the internet...

JlURT

First Name
WILLY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlURT18'
Steering fix should be a over the air update.
I have almost 1500 miles on my 2.0T. No hiccups what so ever. I love it.
Sponsored