Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hey, listen here mister! They are in fact a functional feature. They have a little weep hole to not fill with water. See? Functional! :like:
haha, I wonder why they made the hole that lets water into the engine compartment.
edit: that then needs to be channeled out.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
It does not let into the engine per se, just into the area between the fireliner and the hood metal. Even better I know.

MYAMIA

First Name
MyA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara JL 2018
Nice features. Though the all white bumpers looks ugly.

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
As bad as some things seem they can always be worse... At least this Wrangler doesn't have an "Angry Eyes" grille!!

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Public Safety & Legal Consultant
The Vatican just called, apparently the JK is ready for replacement...

Jeep Wrangler JL Look what Jeep snuck in on the High Altitude Wrangler 1598655742765

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
haha, I wonder why they made the hole that lets water into the engine compartment.
edit: that then needs to be channeled out.
I wondered the same thing until the first snow it saw. Snow melts by day, freezes by night, a little engine temp later and then the windshield that can barely survive a large bug hit is now being bombarded by ice chunks. I've since grown a newfound respect of those weep holes.

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
I wondered the same thing until the first snow it saw. Snow melts by day, freezes by night, a little engine temp later and then the windshield that can barely survive a large bug hit is now being bombarded by ice chunks. I've since grown a newfound respect of those weep holes.
You win the internet today!!! I had never thought of that till now.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
haha, Only ice and snow around here is in my wife's margarita.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
That’s what I’m saying. I think Jeep is setting something up for a new model/package
Like a v8? :movember::movember::movember::movember::movember::movember::movember:

Kind of like the AMG G63 that has the biturbo v10.
This was my first thought. I'm not a betting man, but I'd put money that this is going to be at least part of the drivetrain for the 392. Everyone fapping themselves to death over the half doors on that model and whining about wanting a twin turbo I6 or whatever forgot there is a 450hp/tq+ Hemi powered model coming, and I'd be really surprised if Jeep was just going to stand PAT on that with the current Wrangler Driveline. 450 is a pretty low estimate as well- seeing as how other JL/JT's with similar swaps are all boasting 500-600+ with a tune. They're going to have to do some idiot proofing for that driveline to survive if they're not going full on Dana 60. I'm guessing this could be what we'll see.

It's always just frustrating.

When we spend the money we do, in my case a 2020 JLUR, and then months later there's something bigger and better.
It's getting to be like computers: You buy one, and 6 months later they're outdated.
That said, I've got a Macbook Pro that cost me a TON back in 2008, and it's still running like a champ. Still use it for graphic/ Web/ application development and all the usual stuff like Spreadsheets, Word, and of course, Streaming hockey.
Point being, as long as you spend your money and keep up on your maintenance, it will last.

Also: I find it funny that every time something new comes out, some Sport owner feels the need to project their insecurities onto everyone else in the forum to justify their purchase. I would say "we see you", but the thing is- I don't, and I didn't when my stock Rubi was hanging on Black trails at Rausch Creek. So, you do you. I'll apologize again for Rubi owners (and anyone else) intimidating others with their big, scary hood decals.

Sponsored

Mabar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2-Door
I agree. My JK would chew through the front brakes and the rears would still be at 90%. I think the JL are twin piston calipers where the JK was single? maybe that makes a difference?
Really! That is the exact opposite of my experience both with my 2011 JK, 2-door Rubicon, and now a 2016 JK, 2-door Rubicon. The rear brakes always wore out first, way before the fronts.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Dumb question, are the payload, towing, and gvwr higher on the altitude edition?
Towing won’t be more than 3,500 lbs.

Payload & GVWR are probably higher than a typical Sahara. But won’t exceed JL’s current limits

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
If you want to easily go to 37s without having a rubi or doing an able swap this is good news. Even if you have an older jl with the 30 axle I bet some of these take offs will eventually start popping up and they should be cheaper than rubi axles since they don't have locking diffs right?

All the white is definitely ugly though. They stopped too short. Paint the fender panel vents and the running boards while you are at it. Hell why not a white 20 inch wheel and white wall tires?

zscooby

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU white Rubicon, 2019 BMW R1250GSA 2019 Honda Talon 1000x