Sponsored

Longer wheelbase? Where is that room on the interior?

musicman72

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit
I've seen a couple of posts that mention the JL has a longer wheelbase. I read that on the four door, part of that was given to the 2nd row leg room. What about the 2 door? Did it's wheel base increase? Where did they put that extra area? I'm interested in a 2 door and every inch counts...
Sponsored

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen a couple of posts that mention the JL has a longer wheelbase. I read that on the four door, part of that was given to the 2nd row leg room. What about the 2 door? Did it's wheel base increase? Where did they put that extra area? I'm interested in a 2 door and every inch counts...
If I remember correctly there is an extra inch on the JL and 2" on the JLU. The JLU has extra rear leg room but the w door doesn't. The 4 door gains leg room based on the location of the wheel well but the seats are between the wheel well in the 2 door. Of they moved the seat back in the 2 door there would have been almost zero trunk space.