Longer control arms for Mopar lift question

Hale2016

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I am getting ready to install the Mopar lift on our 2021 Rubicon. I have read everything I can find about this lift and it seems that the lower control arms should be a little longer for the best driving experience due to the lift being more than the advertised 2". With that said I have been looking at lower control arms and there's so many options/brands available. This is my wifes daily driver and it will rarely see any kind of off roading so I'm looking for something with good bushings for a quiet ride and maintenance free. I have been looking hard at the Clayton but then stumbled across the Teraflex sport non adjustable. It looks like the Teraflex is just a little longer than the Mopar control arms so I'm wondering if these would be a good purchase. I know adjustable is probably the better way to go but I'm looking for simplicity on this one so I like the bolt in and go of the non adjustable.

I will be putting the stock Rubicon suspension under my daughters 2020 Sahara and I intend to use the Mopar LCA on it. Again from reading about these it seems the stock Rubicon can often benefit from the longer Mopar control arms. Am I overthinking all of this and making it harder on myself or is this a good move?
Sponsored

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
I would just get the longer mopar control arms. I dont have lifts but installed them on my wife's Sahara and my Rubicon. I also installed the Fox 0-2" shocks which by themselves increased the height of each about 1". I installed the Steer Smarts Fr Track Bar and the Teraflex adjustable Steering Stabilizer. Also had the upgraded steel steering box put on them.

My freind who is a tech came in the dealer shop and we put the stuff on each one and also aligned them, also put the Northridge Gr8 shoulder bolts on all the control arms too.

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
Adjustable one's would be ideal but I purchased the longer Mopar LCA's for my stock JLUR and noticed a difference for the better with them, for $90 it's a decent fix.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I am getting ready to install the Mopar lift on our 2021 Rubicon. I have read everything I can find about this lift and it seems that the lower control arms should be a little longer for the best driving experience due to the lift being more than the advertised 2". With that said I have been looking at lower control arms and there's so many options/brands available. This is my wifes daily driver and it will rarely see any kind of off roading so I'm looking for something with good bushings for a quiet ride and maintenance free. I have been looking hard at the Clayton but then stumbled across the Teraflex sport non adjustable. It looks like the Teraflex is just a little longer than the Mopar control arms so I'm wondering if these would be a good purchase. I know adjustable is probably the better way to go but I'm looking for simplicity on this one so I like the bolt in and go of the non adjustable.

I will be putting the stock Rubicon suspension under my daughters 2020 Sahara and I intend to use the Mopar LCA on it. Again from reading about these it seems the stock Rubicon can often benefit from the longer Mopar control arms. Am I overthinking all of this and making it harder on myself or is this a good move?
I wouldnā€™t get a non- adjustable, your limited to what they give you and at this point you donā€™t know how much lift youā€™re gonna get. Be sure to measure before you install. Either center to center on shock bolts or top of axle to bottom of upper spring housing. Read here if you havenā€™t already......
I would recommend Clayton for your specific intended use.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/posts/1454124/

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
It sounds like our Overland Plus arms would be perfect for what you're looking for! Not only are they adjustable so that you can dial in the length perfectly, but the Giiro bushings used on both ends of our Overland arms are great for soaking up road noise and vibrations for a smooth and comfortable daily driver. They're also completely maintenance-free and come backed by our lifetime warranty :) If you have any questions at all, feel free to reach out!

Sponsored

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I had the mopar arms on my stock JLUR. It put my caster at 6* and it drove better than stock.

I think your spot on with adding mopar arms to your Sahara with Rubi springs. Iā€™d for sure use slightly longer arms than mopar on the rubi with the lift or maybe even add the control arm drop brackets. I did that with my mopar arms with my 3ā€ lift and it handles pretty well. I have yet to get my caster checked but I suspect itā€™s slightly more than 6*.

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Samā€™s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Iā€™m buying metal cloak front lower control arms for this very purpose, for incoming 392. 392 is an inch or so taller than a standard rubi, yet comes with the standard length arms. MC joints seem to be liked by most, require no maintenance, and I can keep them if/when MC emerges with a lift for the 392.

Should be able to dial in the Caster best with adjustable armsā€¦

OP
OP
Hale2016

Hale2016

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wouldnā€™t get a non- adjustable, your limited to what they give you and at this point you donā€™t know how much lift youā€™re gonna get. Be sure to measure before you install. Either center to center on shock bolts or top of axle to bottom of upper spring housing. Read here if you havenā€™t already......
I would recommend Clayton for your specific intended use.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/posts/1454124/
I have read that article and completely agree on not knowing how much lift I will get until it's installed. It seems most people are happy with the Mopar lift kit as is so I figured a slightly longer control arm would make it even better. I know the adjustable is the only way to make changes to fine tune it I'm just tying to keep it simple.

OP
OP
Hale2016

Hale2016

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It sounds like our Overland Plus arms would be perfect for what you're looking for! Not only are they adjustable so that you can dial in the length perfectly, but the Giiro bushings used on both ends of our Overland arms are great for soaking up road noise and vibrations for a smooth and comfortable daily driver. They're also completely maintenance-free and come backed by our lifetime warranty :) If you have any questions at all, feel free to reach out!
I have looked hard at those but are they available now?

OP
OP
Hale2016

Hale2016

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the mopar arms on my stock JLUR. It put my caster at 6* and it drove better than stock.

I think your spot on with adding mopar arms to your Sahara with Rubi springs. Iā€™d for sure use slightly longer arms than mopar on the rubi with the lift or maybe even add the control arm drop brackets. I did that with my mopar arms with my 3ā€ lift and it handles pretty well. I have yet to get my caster checked but I suspect itā€™s slightly more than 6*.
I considered the drop barckets but then I'd need to buy a set of LCA's for the Sahara so I may as well buy adjustable for the Rubi and be done.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hale2016

Hale2016

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order placed with Clayton for the Overland Plus control arms.
Sponsored