Long wait times for orders? Why?

emBARK

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU Rubicon
Hopefully you're aware that you can get a Wrangler for quite a bit under invoice.
My dealer is steadfast is not doing any better than affiliate pricing, which I got a control number through work. I don't have the time with my work schedule to travel and facilitate a trade with someone hours away, the pains of working 6 and sometimes 7 days a week for much of the year. Anyways, they are giving me what I feel is fair in trade for my JKU, so I can live with it.

When I was in the other day he casually showed me custom orders already in their system that were ordered in Feb, with March delivery dates so who knows.

I'm going with a two door Rubi, manual transmission, hardtop, cold weather, steel bumpers, LEDs, the end.
Sponsored

Traveller128

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys 2 Door 6 speed
Occupation
Volvo Master Technician
Regulations, shortened hours, mandatory breaks and lunch breaks ( 2 if you work over 12 hrs) that count against total hours turning one day trips into layovers, mandatory layover time increased from 8 to 10 hrs . Mandatory breaks and lunches must be taken within specific time frames so even if you have been at a dock for hours you might have to sit there another half hour or you are stuck in a traffic jam and come up against the mandatory break time. Computerized log books so you canā€™t make it all work and get home for the night. BIG BROTHER cams and microphones to watch and listen to you!!! The job I enjoyed the first 30 years turned into sh#t the last 14 to where I hated the BS and retired ASAP as were a number of fellow drivers who were/are as fed up as me. Others just quit to do something different. The company that required 5 years experience when I was hired was scraping the bottom of the barrel and accepting ā€œdriversā€ who couldnā€™t drive their finger up their a#s with a roadmap and directions!!!
I know several folks that retired in the last 2-3 years over the electronic logging and hours of service rules. Let alone all the in truck big brother crap that was coming. We were owner ops for 10 years '91-'01 and we saw the writing on the wall. About 1.4 million miles. Too many people outside the industry wanting to get involved in putting more and more regulations on the people doing the work.

We saw interesting things, met some nice people, and hauled everything from paper products (we did regional for a bit) to NASA and defense department high end electronics. We've hauled surveillance loads, show freight, equipment with radioactive sources. Started out in household for 6 months, then got into electronics. Our last truck was a 130" customer sleeper Western Star that we ordered new and had custom built.

We had phone calls trying to get us back for years after we left, we were Vanguard drivers, top few percent of the fleet. But it was a rough life being on the road for 3 months at a time. We were invited into a couple different specialty fleets while we were doing electronics, and the money was good then, but the company was sold and things were going downhill. Had to come home to take custody of my son and we've never gone back. Got phone calls trying to get us interested in returning for a few years after we left.

There were things we really liked about what we did. There was a sense of satisfaction knowing that we were involved in some very interesting hauling of sensitive and expensive equipment and built up a reputation for taking care of it. But the knights of the road were going away in the 90's, and the cheap solution to hauling became key.

OP
OP

MoWheelsMoProblems

First Name
Tez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gobi Rubicon
Occupation
Administrative Assistant
Dealer checks periodically and gives me lack of progress updates. Just went to D1 status. Nothing on Cryptostickers.
That's good you're at least getting checked in with. Stinks about the lack of progress, but seems D1 means it should move soon, right?

Sponsored

OP
OP

MoWheelsMoProblems

First Name
Tez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gobi Rubicon
Occupation
Administrative Assistant
My dealer is steadfast is not doing any better than affiliate pricing, which I got a control number through work. I don't have the time with my work schedule to travel and facilitate a trade with someone hours away, the pains of working 6 and sometimes 7 days a week for much of the year. Anyways, they are giving me what I feel is fair in trade for my JKU, so I can live with it.

When I was in the other day he casually showed me custom orders already in their system that were ordered in Feb, with March delivery dates so who knows.

I'm going with a two door Rubi, manual transmission, hardtop, cold weather, steel bumpers, LEDs, the end.
Can't @12psi help out with getting a vehicle shipped and a better deal? I know a lot of people are using Carvana more for trades if that's something.

OP
OP

MoWheelsMoProblems

First Name
Tez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gobi Rubicon
Occupation
Administrative Assistant
I think it depends on what you add to your order. I ordered mine two weeks ago & got a VIN two days later. When I ordered it, I wanted steel door sill guards. The salesperson who was helping me told me that if I added those it could be 9 months for a delivery. So maybe just go in & talk to someone, They can help you build & you donā€™t have to commit
I've heard those and the tub liners were holding newer orders up, but I wouldn't have even gotten them. I've ran through a build, but since prices change and Gobi isn't available yet, I'd rather wait.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I know several folks that retired in the last 2-3 years over the electronic logging and hours of service rules. Let alone all the in truck big brother crap that was coming. We were owner ops for 10 years '91-'01 and we saw the writing on the wall. About 1.4 million miles. Too many people outside the industry wanting to get involved in putting more and more regulations on the people doing the work.

We saw interesting things, met some nice people, and hauled everything from paper products (we did regional for a bit) to NASA and defense department high end electronics. We've hauled surveillance loads, show freight, equipment with radioactive sources. Started out in household for 6 months, then got into electronics. Our last truck was a 130" customer sleeper Western Star that we ordered new and had custom built.

We had phone calls trying to get us back for years after we left, we were Vanguard drivers, top few percent of the fleet. But it was a rough life being on the road for 3 months at a time. We were invited into a couple different specialty fleets while we were doing electronics, and the money was good then, but the company was sold and things were going downhill. Had to come home to take custody of my son and we've never gone back. Got phone calls trying to get us interested in returning for a few years after we left.

There were things we really liked about what we did. There was a sense of satisfaction knowing that we were involved in some very interesting hauling of sensitive and expensive equipment and built up a reputation for taking care of it. But the knights of the road were going away in the 90's, and the cheap solution to hauling became key.
Under the 12 hr rule I was making 4- 12 hr turn arounds from our facility to L.A. a week. When reduced to 10 hrs I had to work 6 days a week making 3 layovers with 30 more hours away from home with a 25% reduction in income. Another Brilliant Regulation Keeping Us SAFE!!!!!

Kryten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
why are no Wranglers being shipped to the southeast? My Wrangler has been sitting along with several truckloads that my dealer is waiting for. When I do the search on the Jeep site, overall there are few at any dealer in NC, most listed as ā€˜being builtā€™ or ā€˜shippingā€™. One would think that the shortage overall would be widespread but appears to be worse in some areas. Appears more deliveries to mid-east dealers, and midwelt dealers, and now CA.
There are plenty being shipped to the southeast. The thing that's really been pissing me off is watching models very similar to mine that were ordered way after mine showing up in the same city that mine is going to. I'm taking my cousin to pick his up tomorrow at a dealership about 20 minutes away from the dealer I ordered from. His was built several weeks after mine and it showed up this week. I keep being told that no trains are going my way. I know of at least three trains that went to Atlanta since mine was built and I'm sure there were more.

I'm paraphrasing here but I'll tell you what my dealer told me. Be patient. It will get there when it gets there. There's no one to call to find out why it hasn't arrived yet or why newer builds have been delivered before it. There's no way to get any additional information. Patience is the name of the game.

Traveller128

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Volvo Master Technician
Under the 12 hr rule I was making 4- 12 hr turn arounds from our facility to L.A. a week. When reduced to 10 hrs I had to work 6 days a week making 3 layovers with 30 more hours away from home with a 25% reduction in income. Another Brilliant Regulation Keeping Us SAFE!!!!!
I know for a fact, that if they'd told me I had to put logging equipment in my own personal truck, I'd have been done. It's such a classic case of idiots that have no idea what's actually going on, making rules for the "little people" that are actually doing all the work. Way too many Chiefs in government with absolutely no clue, telling the people ACTUALLY DOING THE JOB, how to do the job.

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I know for a fact, that if they'd told me I had to put logging equipment in my own personal truck, I'd have been done. It's such a classic case of idiots that have no idea what's actually going on, making rules for the "little people" that are actually doing all the work. Way too many Chiefs in government with absolutely no clue, telling the people ACTUALLY DOING THE JOB, how to do the job.
BINGO! Regulations and mandates under the guise of ā€œSAFETYā€ and it damn sure doesnā€™t only apply to just the trucking industry!!!šŸ¤¬

MoHeTow!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito!, 2022 JLUR4XE Tuscadero ordered
There are plenty being shipped to the southeast. The thing that's really been pissing me off is watching models very similar to mine that were ordered way after mine showing up in the same city that mine is going to. I'm taking my cousin to pick his up tomorrow at a dealership about 20 minutes away from the dealer I ordered from. His was built several weeks after mine and it showed up this week. I keep being told that no trains are going my way. I know of at least three trains that went to Atlanta since mine was built and I'm sure there were more.

I'm paraphrasing here but I'll tell you what my dealer told me. Be patient. It will get there when it gets there. There's no one to call to find out why it hasn't arrived yet or why newer builds have been delivered before it. There's no way to get any additional information. Patience is the name of the game.
IT SEEMS LIKE IT'S ONE STINKING TRAIN AND IT JUST GOES SOUTH THEN BACK THEN NE THEN BACK THEN SW AND THEN MAYBE NW REPEAT

Traveller128

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Volvo Master Technician
IT SEEMS LIKE IT'S ONE STINKING TRAIN AND IT JUST GOES SOUTH THEN BACK THEN NE THEN BACK THEN SW AND THEN MAYBE NW REPEAT
They're running it around in circles to give you hope... šŸ˜