First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Edge, 76 Yamaha xs 500, and 89 Honda PC800
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
Interesting. Would be nice to see in mounted, and how it fits.

Token

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
2mm aluminized steel (5/64”).

going to need a skid plate.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Oh great, it’s for the four-door...

Probably the only thing my YJ did better than my JL is fuel capacity. 20 gallon tank vs. 17.5. The JL gets better fuel economy but not better enough to have longer range than my YJ. I could usually count on 340+ miles per tank vs. 280 ish in the JL.

Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
We’re planning on installing one of the first ones in the country. It’s on its ride over from Australia. Plan to do a build thread on it.

Brett

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Oh great, it’s for the four-door...

Probably the only thing my YJ did better than my JL is fuel capacity. 20 gallon tank vs. 17.5. The JL gets better fuel economy but not better enough to have longer range than my YJ. I could usually count on 340+ miles per tank vs. 280 ish in the JL.
you are aware that the JL fuel capacity is 21 gallons. It just turns on the fuel light at 17 gallons so that we idiots have a 4 gallon reserve.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
We’re planning on installing one of the first ones in the country. It’s on its ride over from Australia. Plan to do a build thread on it.

Brett
I am interested in this. I pull a camper with my JLUR around the country and would love to not have to stop for fuel every couple hours or so.

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
you are aware that the JL fuel capacity is 21 gallons. It just turns on the fuel light at 17 gallons so that we idiots have a 4 gallon reserve.
I believe he was talking about the 2 door's capacity.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
My question is born of ignorance, not arrogance.

Clearly, having the additional tank capacity, once paid for and installed is more convenient than lugging Rotopaxs of gasoline and refueling from then when distant from a gas station.

And maybe, for the true offroader, who needs every piece of real estate on their rig possible to carry gear other than gasoline, this solution is worth it...

but these acknowledgements notwithstanding--and I realize everyone has differently priorities for their hard earned $--is this solution really worth it over a Rotopax or Jerry cans like solution and the hardware to hold them?

Restated, what market is this for? The professional customizer, the true offroader, etc.?

Thanks.

Sponsored

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU

Clearly, having the additional tank capacity, once paid for and installed is more convenient than lugging Rotopaxs of gasoline and refueling from then when distant from a gas station.

And maybe, for the true offroader, who needs every piece of real estate on their rig possible to carry gear other than gasoline, this solution is worth it...

but these acknowledgements notwithstanding--and I realize everyone has differently priorities for their hard earned $--is this solution really worth it over a Rotopax or Jerry cans like solution and the hardware to hold them?

Restated, what market is this for? The professional customizer, the true offroader, etc.?

Thanks.
Roof rack is 1200.00 (to carry 4 Jerry cans)
(real) Jerry cans are 80.00 ea
I fab'd my own Jerry can holders and hardware but if I didn't expect to pay 3-500 for everything you need to mount them

So I'm in it already about 1700.00 to carry extra gas (among other things)

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd

Thanks.
The market would be people that live or spend a lot of time in remote areas, think Alaska residents or overland people. As for space it clears up a good amount it's is there same as about 3 Gerry cans can be used for water or other gear because it move the reserves tank to the bottom.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350

Thanks.
To me the reason is convenience. Its using the space the 2.0 has the battery placed. It’s basically just an extra tank that is filled off the factory filler neck and then has a transfer pump to refill the main tank. Pretty slick use of space and execution. The customer were installing on is an overland guy that’s taking a 3 month trip from Texas to the Arctic circle. He wanted the extra range in remote areas along with the ease to refill without messing with cans.

Brett

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2019 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X4, 2018 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 Charger SRT, 2018 American Dream, 2017 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4X4, 2020 Redwood 3951MB, 2019 Mercedes 4WD Van
Not this mfr, but I have installed larger fuel tanks on earlier vehicles - nice to have the range, and to be able to buy fuel when you see it at a lower price vs. when you're running out. If you're concerned about weight, though, you need to account for carrying that extra amount of lbs.
Sponsored