muxi

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I am booked in for November at LRA.
I contacted them about the tank about six weeks ago.
Sponsored

shep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 1976 LJ80
Sorry to hear that. If the Brown Davis was only for JKs, surely they should have known better than to book in a JL.

I guess COVID-19 is impacting LRA’s manufacturing, but on the other hand, our lockdowns are negating the ability for any long range driving for now.
Yeah it was very strange of BD to send a tank that was never going to fit. I live in the northen 1/2 of the county that hasnt had a lockdown since early last year. Tank is definitely needed as my work commute is further then the fuel range of the JL.

OP
OP

kieseki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Overland
Yeah it was very strange of BD to send a tank that was never going to fit. I live in the northen 1/2 of the county that hasnt had a lockdown since early last year. Tank is definitely needed as my work commute is further then the fuel range of the JL.
Ah, you are one of the lucky ones! We have had lockdowns, protests and, today, earthquakes down in Victoria.

Hopefully you will get your tank soon. The Long Ranger, based in Sydney, is another brand you might want to check out. They have a confusingly similar name to LRA but that’s the brand ARB stocks and I am certain they have a model for the JL. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if they have production delays too.

discobean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Ah, you are one of the lucky ones! We have had lockdowns, protests and, today, earthquakes down in Victoria.

Hopefully you will get your tank soon. The Long Ranger, based in Sydney, is another brand you might want to check out. They have a confusingly similar name to LRA but that’s the brand ARB stocks and I am certain they have a model for the JL. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if they have production delays too.
I put an order in for a long ranger, I was told 14 weeks from time of order is the wait.

Sponsored

shep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 1976 LJ80
My last 3 cars had LRA tanks without issue, only wanted the
BD due to the extra capacity. I won’t buy anything from ARB
due to past experience.

muxi

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I had my LRA tank installed today.
Very satisfied with the tank, the installation, the friendly staff.
It looks pretty well done.

Also it is clear how the thing works, I was reading conflicting infos before on the net.
In a nutshell, at the petrol station the main tank gets filled and when it is full the aux tank will be filled. The car fuel gauge works as before, shows the fuel in the main tank. The additional gauge installed wth the LRA tank shows the fuel in the aux tank (3 leds). When aux button is pressed the fuel gets pumped from the aux tank into the main one.

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Have anyone done the certification?
I just found out add a fuel tank needs to be certified…

Jeep Wrangler JL Long Range Automotive Auxiliary Fuel Tank B505CB37-EC29-4B0A-B113-64BF92435038

Last edited:

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
in QLD it’s a blue plate. The installer sorted mine out
That sounds nice...
After I found it, I asked staff in ARB, they told me its grey area, just hope police won't treat you seriously.

Sponsored

shep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 1976 LJ80
That sounds nice...
After I found it, I asked staff in ARB, they told me its grey area, just hope police won't treat you seriously.
I have fitted auxiliary tanks or bigger replacement tanks to my last 4 cars and never had an issue until moving to QLD, the blue plate process is pretty easy however I wouldn’t bother if I lived in any other state.

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Anyone did the installation in NSW?
I am only aware of ARB can install ong ranger. Anyone know who install LRA in Sydney?

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
looks like LRA no longer has the HD version.

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black