Long Range America aux fuel tank for the 392

Left Field

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 RS-SS Camaro, 2021 JLUR392
Got my 392 on order a few weeks ago and have really been hoping for a future LRA tank.

I'm probably a rare case, but I selected the 392 for exactly one reason: An off-road capable vehicle that can tow without being right at the margin of the driveline, particularily under difficult conditions (high elevation, hot, head winds).

I know the JL is not an ideal tow vehicle but it is the closest vehicle to replace my mild lift V8 solid axle ZJ (with a 24g fuel tank). Common usage is road trips with the camper, often including multi-day back country camping & trails.

The camper has mounts to carry two 5g steel jerry cans, but a recent trip to the Red Desert still required a mid-week two hour round trip into town for a re-fill.

It appears that the Australian Jeep website does not list the 392; wondering if that is why it might not be a top priority for their Melbourne area development facility? Perhaps that and the previous comment about many 392 owners might not be that interested.

Will likely be waiting a few months for vehicle delivery so I can always hope something materializes...

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
Talked to another guy today at the booth, he said definitely no plan of making it, if the can even get the hands on a 392. I then showed the bottom of my vehicle and mentioned the huge exhaust in the way.

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Talked to another guy today at the booth, he said definitely no plan of making it, if the can even get the hands on a 392. I then showed the bottom of my vehicle and mentioned the huge exhaust in the way.
SH*T! Looks like a siphon set up will have to do, just gotta duck tape the hose down so it doesn't mess up the paint job :surprised:

Sponsored

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Where did you get those cans from? Local?
Unfortunately, not local. I got them from Zoro (linked there) and IIRC signing up for their emails scored me a 10% off coupon. They were super fast shipping, good comms, good to go.