Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Nice cans! Where can I buy those?
TIA!
They are the Wavia branded Jerry cans (same as Valpro) , made in Latvia. The best deal I found was on Zoro.com. I signed up for an account to get an additional 10 percent off. I filled em with Ethanol free 93 octane, and StaBil fuel stabilizer. Should be good for a couple years. Super tight quality cans, zero fumes. Cool to have them for the Jeep, but honestly rattled me when several months ago I could not buy gas for 3 days, bc of some stupid hacker that targeted one major east coast supplier. Apparently our infra isn’t very resilient. (Shocker). I like the idea of having a spare 20 gallons on hand.

ValkyrieFalling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
They are the Wavia branded Jerry cans (same as Valpro) , made in Latvia. The best deal I found was on Zoro.com. I signed up for an account to get an additional 10 percent off. I filled em with Ethanol free 93 octane, and StaBil fuel stabilizer. Should be good for a couple years. Super tight quality cans, zero fumes. Cool to have them for the Jeep, but honestly rattled me when several months ago I could not buy gas for 3 days, bc of some stupid hacker that targeted one major east coast supplier. Apparently our infra isn’t very resilient. (Shocker). I like the idea of having a spare 20 gallons on hand.
Thanks a lot for that info!
Helps a great deal to have extra fuel especially given how thirsty the 392 is and how small the stock tank is.

Btw, are you a Hank, Jr. fan?

Sponsored

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Yeah I GOTTA get something going for extra fuel at the homestead, that will last a while. I was looking at Rotopax for the new rig until the new fuel tank is shipping.

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Yeah I GOTTA get something going for extra fuel at the homestead, that will last a while. I was looking at Rotopax for the new rig until the new fuel tank is shipping.
Yeah now looking into it, there's so many more options for rotopax fuel mounts, compared to jerry cans. And I'm not planning a roof rack, its weight I don't want most of the time. (Almost never used my rhino rack, and I daily my jeep. ) Would be cool if Teraflex came out with a Jerry mount for their tire-carrier / hinge reinforcement set up, but I doubt they will. Maybe I'll weld this up...

Jeep Wrangler JL Long Range America aux fuel tank for the 392 71fZBO-qj7L._AC_SL1500_

Then again, I'm not that skeered of toting a jerry can internally, on the limited occasions it might be necessary, especially if I can secure it in the cargo area (not grenading about). Would mean no stogies for me or my 9 year old jeepin buddy. Also, the AEV option is cool, but looks like an invitation to neer-do-wells to siphon, and as importantly - I don't want that tank permanently behind my spare.

Okay...I'll stop deviating off topic!

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Yeah now looking into it, there's so many more options for rotopax fuel mounts, compared to jerry cans. And I'm not planning a roof rack, its weight I don't want most of the time. (Almost never used my rhino rack, and I daily my jeep. ) Would be cool if Teraflex came out with a Jerry mount for their tire-carrier / hinge reinforcement set up, but I doubt they will. Maybe I'll weld this up...

Jeep Wrangler JL Long Range America aux fuel tank for the 392 71fZBO-qj7L._AC_SL1500_

Then again, I'm not that skeered of toting a jerry can internally, on the limited occasions it might be necessary, especially if I can secure it in the cargo area (not grenading about). Would mean no stogies for me or my 9 year old jeepin buddy. Also, the AEV option is cool, but looks like an invitation to neer-do-wells to siphon, and as importantly - I don't want that tank permanently behind my spare.

Okay...I'll stop deviating off topic!
No Stogies? Screw that I'll call AAA and wait for 5 gallon delivery and have a few more stogies and my Bourbon
Flask!!

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
No Stogies? Screw that I'll call AAA and wait for 5 gallon delivery and have a few more stogies and my Bourbon
Flask!!
one of my Jerry cans might be this…very secret squirrel. Worried the blondes might blow my cover..

Jeep Wrangler JL Long Range America aux fuel tank for the 392 D5762679-2D85-4223-9E84-610BD7CBABDE

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Loose lips sink ships :LOL:

Sponsored

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
That's interesting, I know it was under development. Maybe they came up with an issue and can't get it to work? Damn!!

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Yeah that’s too bad. Maybe they thought - it makes no sense to engineer / offer, bc no one with “long range” goals is going to be getting a 392 anyway. Probably makes more sense for them to build for the other engines ?

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Yeah that’s too bad. Maybe they thought - it makes no sense to engineer / offer, bc no one with “long range” goals is going to be getting a 392 anyway. Probably makes more sense for them to build for the other engines ?
Yeah this a good theory. She is a thirsty girl though. It doesn’t help that I have a heavy foot, but you really can’t help yourself. When you have all that power you just want to go!

I plan on camping with this 392 plus my Turtleback trailer. Curious to see how bad my MPG is while towing.

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Yeah this a good theory. She is a thirsty girl though. It doesn’t help that I have a heavy foot, but you really can’t help yourself. When you have all that power you just want to go!

I plan on camping with this 392 plus my Turtleback trailer. Curious to see how bad my MPG is while towing.
That’s awesome, she’s thursty indeed. I just crossed the 1500 mile mark, completely done with break-in. Hammer down !
Sponsored