Sponsored

Long Hair, Don't Care (but need some tips)

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
In the front seats the wind is not bad. In the rear seat it is a bit more.

Jeep Wrangler JL Long Hair, Don't Care (but need some tips) F06A0332-9192-4535-9EAD-4435EBF49C16

JayCeeX2

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2014 4Runner Limited
So I'm getting a Jeep, and my wife and daughters are excited, BUT, I don't think they fully understand that we're going to have the sunrider open and/or top off as much as is possible.

They all three have long hair. I do not.

So......all you long-haired hippies, what tips/tricks do you have to make driving/riding in a Jeep more enjoyable?
My daughters were a big reason I bought my Jeep. I wanted a second vehicle, that we all liked, and wanted something convertible. They are 16, just learning to drive. So I bought the Jeep and with soft top, I like to have it down as much as possible. My daughters now complain big time anytime the top is down because they don't like their hair flying around. Hats, hair ties, doesn't matter, they complain. Or just refuse to go with me, even if I let them drive. Its rather frustrating.

Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
These are also perfect to keep the damn Key from opening in your pocket
Oh they are very multifunctional. I have one around my XM radio reciever to keep it from rattling in the cradle, i have two on my tablet mount to keep it from rattling when no tablet installed, and I have half a dozen keeping wires, cables, and zip ties bundled up in my tool kit. Anything a rubber band can be used for and they last much longer.

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Nah, He kept the panties
Yep, threw em in the 40 yard roller with the other few hundred thousand pairs from over the last couple years.

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
So I'm getting a Jeep, and my wife and daughters are excited, BUT, I don't think they fully understand that we're going to have the sunrider open and/or top off as much as is possible.

So......all you long-haired hippies, what tips/tricks do you have to make driving/riding in a Jeep more enjoyable?
I am all abt my healthy hair….. girls need SATIN scrunches, travel size leave in conditioner, and awesome jeep hats!

Sponsored

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
Hats for everyone.
I have the Sky One Touch and with the top open and the driver's window open my hat fly off head and exited the vehicle faster than I could blink.

It was my favorite Harley hat and luckily I was able to pull a quick turn around through a parking lot to retrieve it before it got run over.

So yes, hats need to be tight for them to stay on all the time in a Jeep with the top open or off. My hat is well broken in so it's not as tight as it once was.

RusM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma

Do they like having the windows down now or do you get yelled at?

If no, you're fucked! 😳

🍺😬🍺

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Do they like having the windows down now or do you get yelled at?

If no, you're fucked! 😳

🍺😬🍺
The best part about having the soft top off (and Alpine up) is that it is impossible to hear my wife complaining about the wind from the backseat.

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
These are also perfect to keep the damn Key from opening in your pocket
(Not to hijack the thread, but ...) I superglued a black rubber washer to the key fob around the release button.

LaurenLeigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS 2.0 Turbo Bikini Pearl; 2009 JK Sahara
I have the one touch top and open it pretty much any time I'm not on the highway. I keep ponytail holders with me at all times and keep a ballcap on my shifter for easy access, but the hat has almost blown off my head many times at higher speeds. So if I'm cruising around and not going faster than 45ish and there's no other wind, I use the hat. But I also keep a few really wide fabric headbands and buffs/neck gaiters in my Jeep and those work great for higher speeds. They keep the baby hairs out of my eyes and are big enough to keep most of my hair from becoming a rat's nest. Headwraps or even silk lined caps that are used to protect textured hair when sleeping would probably work really well too.
Buff/Neck Gaiter
Slap (silk lined cap)
Sponsored