Sponsored

Long Hair, Don't Care (but need some tips)

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

So I'm getting a Jeep, and my wife and daughters are excited, BUT, I don't think they fully understand that we're going to have the sunrider open and/or top off as much as is possible.

They all three have long hair. I do not.

So......all you long-haired hippies, what tips/tricks do you have to make driving/riding in a Jeep more enjoyable?
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
OP
OP
rcadden

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I've worn ballcaps my entire life, and have a small collection that I rotate through, so I'm really pleased that the first two responses were basically "Get your women into hats".

Sponsored

VAJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
So I'm getting a Jeep, and my wife and daughters are excited, BUT, I don't think they fully understand that we're going to have the sunrider open and/or top off as much as is possible.

So......all you long-haired hippies, what tips/tricks do you have to make driving/riding in a Jeep more enjoyable?
Jeep hair…..Don’t care ;)
Jeep Wrangler JL Long Hair, Don't Care (but need some tips) A58D6A01-2B53-483C-BBCE-F1EF51EE0B0A

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
I don't think they fully understand that we're going to have the sunrider open and/or top off as much as is possible.
I don't think you fully understand that you're going to be riding 'inside' most of the time.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep gear site has cool women's Jeep hats. The little lady thought the Sahara with the Sky One top and half-doors on with the rear panels off was windy.

On her first trip in the Rubi with Top and Half-doors on she realized quickly its windy.

As for the OP comment about hippies, I am from the '70s and long hair hippie days but now it's buzz cut for Jeeps. 😆👱‍♂️ The little lady calls me fuzzy cueball. :swear:

Sponsored

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
Wife just puts hers and the daughters hair in ponytails. Otherwise second the hat idea, just make sure they are tight enough. My wife has caught mine a few times from a strong crosswind. Hats will also help avoid burnt scalps.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Just get them some T-shirts with this on it, my wife has long hair and doesnt do anything, if it is above 60 the Sunrider is open whenever she is in her Jeep.

Jeep Wrangler JL Long Hair, Don't Care (but need some tips) 1624890173472

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Wife just puts hers and the daughters hair in ponytails. Otherwise second the hat idea, just make sure they are tight enough. My wife has caught mine a few times from a strong crosswind. Hats will also help avoid burnt scalps.
It has helped now since adding the spiderweb shade to the Rubi. Little less wind and less sun. The ponytail helps but her issue is blowing hair wrapping around to sunshades and eyes. lol She finds it's best to stick all she can under the cap and go for it.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon

Well that's easy. A high and tight. The long-haired hippies are folks like my buddy (USAF MSGT) who's hair is almost long enough to comb. on top.

Ball caps and Pony Tails!
Yes do that. I absolutely love that look. I'll take that every time over a girl with her hair all done up to go to a fancy event.
When we got married my wife got her hair done as you would expect. It looked nice, but I like simple better. Blue jeas/shorts, boots and a ponytail. The pinnacle of beauty right there. Women try way too hard.

Seriously though to answer the question. It may look old lady like, but they could always use a light wrap/head scarf. The kind you see a little ol' lady wearing as she walks from the car into church on a rainy/windy morning. Or something like a loosely wrapped schmog or hijab.

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Hats are good, but a strong gust can blow them off on a windy top-open day (or even just with the windows open).

I find that a ponytail and a bandana works far better. I keep a bunch of spare bandanas in the Jeep for just that purpose, in case a passenger ever needs one. With a bandana, it keeps your hair flat and prevents it from becoming complete frizz by the end of the drive, too. And if you lose a bandana to the wind, it's no big deal.

Wrap-around sunglasses are great for keeping the small hairs out of your eyes, too. Nothing is more irritating than some tiny side hair constantly blowing into your eye while driving.
Sponsored