Sponsored

LOL, My favorite convenience feature in my JL. Yours too?

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
The convenience feature where the wheels go round and round....so I can drive it.

]
Sponsored

OP
OP
wvgasguy

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
You know if your wife at least has her door open, but hasn't gotten out, you can just hit the button and it will lock all the doors including the open one. When she finally closes it, it will stay locked. None of the other cars I've owned with proximity entry worked like this. Usually the car whines that you left a door open and it can't lock. Not so with the Jeep.
I didn't know that. None of my previous cars did that. I'll give it a try this evening. Thanks

OP
OP
wvgasguy

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
SO funny. This happens to me every time. Although not 50 years, still a common complaint. Yesterday in the rain. "what can you possibly be doing". Then of course she rarely fully shuts the door. Just SHUT the door it's not that hard. You know, Jeep doors taking a little more of a push to close from open. I just use the remote from the house door, like yesterday when it was pouring out. I feel for you dude!. .
LOL

Labchic

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
Medical Laboratory technician
You could pay the $20/month for Sirius XM Gaurdian, you can then lock and unlock it from your phone :)
Thank you I didn't know that and I already have it

Labchic

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
Medical Laboratory technician
I love the 8.4 inch screen for my radio. I will rewind songs over and over its great!!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
wvgasguy

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
You know if your wife at least has her door open, but hasn't gotten out, you can just hit the button and it will lock all the doors including the open one. When she finally closes it, it will stay locked. None of the other cars I've owned with proximity entry worked like this. Usually the car whines that you left a door open and it can't lock. Not so with the Jeep.
I tried that out today and am glad I started this thread for no other reason than to discover this. AWESOME

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
..and I thought this is a cell phone holder. Fits my Samsung perfectly
I think most of us use it for phones. :like:

Hagie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Sting Grey, 2006 Scion xB RS4.0, 2013 Scion xB RS9.0
I just KNOW if i leave my fob in that spot, I will leave the car parked some where with it in there.

I have experienced being a victim of car theft, and F that.

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
And why the heck is it the size of a cell phone? I've had other proximity keys that were 1/3 the volume. The thing needs its own belt clip.

Sponsored

HunnerWoof

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
You can turn off the start/stop. However, it resets each time you turn on the jeep.
Several threads online with some pretty simple disabling instructions. Fortunately, with the manual transmission it doesn't kick on very often.

Jdunn

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 4-dr
Would it have been to much to make auto up AND down on the windows? I would pay extra for that feature. On all 4 windows.

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
You can turn off the start/stop. However, it resets each time you turn on the jeep.
The horn beep when locking and unlocking is in the options on your computer. At the steering wheel just go to the main menu screen and that beep is an option that you can turn off. My neighbor got annoyed at me going in and out of my Jeep in the middle of the night to play with it, so by default I found the menu to turn it off. Very easy.
Sponsored