Sponsored

LOL, My favorite convenience feature in my JL. Yours too?

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Coming from a JKU Sport my convenience features would be auto headlights, the new radio(even the 5 inch is sweet), having a back up camera, and having Bluetooth now. All simple things stock that are an upgrade used in daily life. The Alpine is nice too.
Sponsored

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Backup camera and I love that they moved the rear wiper motor to the bottom of the back glass. Drop the headrests and you have so much better visibility out the back of the Jeep now.

Tfom

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
What is this tailgate lock you speak of? Have I missed something somehow?

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
What is this tailgate lock you speak of? Have I missed something somehow?
If you have proximity entry there is a lock button on the tailgate door handle. Something I wish my RAM with proximity had.

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL Rubicon - Black
Occupation
Retired Air Force - Currently in my Dream Job
Heated Steering Wheel

Sponsored

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
My wife really irritates me getting out of the cars. She piddles around and I always have to stand there, often in the rain, until she gets out of the car and shuts the door. Then I can push the button to lock the doors. Well now, with my JL Jeep I can get out and start walking around the Jeep and as she gets out and shuts the door, I can push the button on the rear door latch as I'm walking by. May not seem like a big deal, but after almost 50 years of driving her around it seems like a big deal
My wife is the same way....it's like, why did you not start grabbing your stuff while I was pulling into the parking spot?

Same way leaving, especially if we happen to be in separate cars, I get in, start my vehicle, put on my seatbelt, and am ready to go.
She gets in, does only the Lord knows what, starts her car, does more stuff. Adjusts the radio, checks her phone, looks around, puts on her seatbelt, and finally after about 2 minutes she puts it in drive.

By this time, I've gotten tired, and put my seat back and closed my eyes.

Tfom

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
My wife is the same way....it's like, why did you not start grabbing your stuff while I was pulling into the parking spot?

Same way leaving, especially if we happen to be in separate cars, I get in, start my vehicle, put on my seatbelt, and am ready to go.
She gets in, does only the Lord knows what, starts her car, does more stuff. Adjusts the radio, checks her phone, looks around, puts on her seatbelt, and finally after about 2 minutes she puts it in drive.

My wife and I have a small business and we have a 16 year old that works for us part time. We were giving him a ride one day and we sat in the car waiting forever for my wife.

I looked at him and said, "This is what being married is. You get married, wait for your wife, then you die."

PullmeSideways1341

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Sky One Touch is awesome. Never have to plan or watch the weather.

Hop in and go - if it’s warm enough-push a button. If you begin to get cold or roasting in the sun close it up with another push.

Nothing looks better than a Wrangler with no top, but I’ll go with the clunky looks and convenience of the Sky One Touch everytime!

MikeJLURubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Medicolegal Death Investigator
I discovered the radar map a week or so back. Awesome when you are sitting in a parking lot to pick up the gkids and wonder if you need to take them umbrellas
So where do you find the radar?

OP
OP
wvgasguy

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
So where do you find the radar?
Under the apps, there is a travel link app. It has a weather link that over on the right you can click on radar and see the weather radar in your area, with your Jeep in the center of the map

Sponsored

OP
OP
wvgasguy

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired

Hummm, there seems to be a female pattern here

OP
OP
wvgasguy

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Backup camera and I love that they moved the rear wiper motor to the bottom of the back glass. Drop the headrests and you have so much better visibility out the back of the Jeep now.
Indeed moving the wiper to the bottom made the window usable

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Sky One Touch is awesome. Never have to plan or watch the weather.

Hop in and go - if it’s warm enough-push a button. If you begin to get cold or roasting in the sun close it up with another push.

Nothing looks better than a Wrangler with no top, but I’ll go with the clunky looks and convenience of the Sky One Touch everytime!
Not arguing that the SOT is pretty cool, but is it really that much different than having a soft top? If you flip the soft top back but leave the back windows in, you can open and close as needed within like 5 seconds. Sure you have to stop, get out and exert a little effort, but you still get open-air experience in front and rear seats. Pros and cons I suppose.
Sponsored