Sponsored

Logistics for out of state purchase.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I posted this in another thread but then decided that with so many people considering buying out of state, that I would start a new dedicated thread for it.

For you guys that are needing to fly, how are you working out your logistics? Have you booked tickets? How long out have you booked them for? How long will the dealer hold the Jeep for you so that you can pick it up?
Sponsored

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I posted this in another thread but then decided that with so many people considering buying out of state, that I would start a new dedicated thread for it.

For you guys that are needing to fly, how are you working out your logistics? Have you booked tickets? How long out have you booked them for? How long will the dealer hold the Jeep for you so that you can pick it up?
My plans include a one way flight but I most likely won’t book until the Jeep arrives and I have reviewed video/pics of it sitting at the dealership. I made sure to verify that the dealership would pick me up from the airport. Keep you posted with any updates.

Farmdawg

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
I'm planning on taking the overnight train from ATL to D.C. Week of train tickets are a helluva lot cheaper than week of flights.

Dash

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 stingray, 2002 F-250, 2016 stingray, 2017 BMW M240i,
Haven’t had success yet, but I ordered JL from Denver dealer, we are relocating to Honolulu in 6 weeks, dealer agreed to ship JL to Honolulu from factory. Is it unrealistic to order your Jeep via “best deal” dealership and simply have them ship to your home dealer? Details: will pay standard 1195 shipping fee and Honolulu dealer prep fee of $995. I know that is expensive but it’s Hawaii.

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Haven’t had success yet, but I ordered JL from Denver dealer, we are relocating to Honolulu in 6 weeks, dealer agreed to ship JL to Honolulu from factory. Is it unrealistic to order your Jeep via “best deal” dealership and simply have them ship to your home dealer? Details: will pay standard 1195 shipping fee and Honolulu dealer prep fee of $995. I know that is expensive but it’s Hawaii.
The real dilemma here isn’t what you will have to pay for shipping the JL....it’s that $8 gallon of milk and the $10 McDonalds extra value meal!

Sponsored

MojitoWrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Z28 R/S
Occupation
Stock Trader
8B6F7277-AE08-4918-B0B4-EF3AFA49DB55.jpeg
Im moving to Hawaii next year ‍♂ Since mojito green is a late release I almost considered waiting til next year after I move to Hawaii to order my Rubicon. Jeep website says there is only an extra $50 shipping fee, which would save me $1500-2500 shipping it on my own but I’ll die of dehydration from drooling lol if I wait that long! I am interested in the diesel Wrangler which also comes out next year but worry how noxious diesel odor would be on a topless & doorless Jeep

YOKiN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'65 Impala SS, BMW X5M, 2018 Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
8B6F7277-AE08-4918-B0B4-EF3AFA49DB55.jpeg

Im moving to Hawaii next year ‍♂ Since mojito green is a late release I almost considered waiting til next year after I move to Hawaii to order my Rubicon. Jeep website says there is only an extra $50 shipping fee, which would save me $1500-2500 shipping it on my own but I’ll die of dehydration from drooling lol if I wait that long! I am interested in the diesel Wrangler which also comes out next year but worry how noxious diesel odor would be on a topless & doorless Jeep
More power to you if you wait. I wanted to wait for the diesel as well. Figured that Wranglers hold there value so well, I convinced myself I might as well get one now and possibly trade it in later LOL.

Last edited:

MojitoWrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Z28 R/S
Occupation
Stock Trader
More power to you if you wait. I wanted to wait for the diesel as well. Figured that Wranglers hold their value so well, I convinced myself I might as well get one now and possibly trade it in later LOL.
That is exactly my thinking! I’d just sell and order the diesel when it came out. Besides who knows what unforeseen delays could happen with the new diesel. I’m dying now having to just wait on mojito green lol!

YOKiN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'65 Impala SS, BMW X5M, 2018 Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
That is exactly my thinking! I’d just sell and order the diesel when it came out. Besides who knows what unforeseen delays could happen with the new diesel. I’m dying now having to just wait on mojito green lol!
Yeah man do it! LOL (That's what the voice in my head told me on Jan15th..."Do it man!" Dooo itttttt) :cwl:

OP
OP
digitalbliss

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Well, I ordered my Jeep this past Friday. I was holding out for the tan soft top but I just couldn't wait any longer so I pulled the trigger. I ordered from Kim in Conway Arkansas. It's about 350 miles away. I booked a one way flight to Little Rock on April 6th, 8weeks from this coming Friday. Hopefully the timeline all works out!
Sponsored