Sponsored

LOD vs Ace rock silders

DodgeZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Price is the same right now. Which one is better? Is it worth keeping the stock Rubicon slider? Side note, the kids and wife need a little help getting in with the lift and 37s.
Sponsored

#4Jeep 1st Wrangler

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I'm planning on going with the ACE .... Mostly due to most others expose alot of the pinch welds..
I like the way the factory sliders are nice and tight against the body. And the ACE brand will not require removal and will provide a step up for
my wife also.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the LOD destroyer sliders. Mine is built for rock crawling and I have hit them a bunch and they have done great and the step works well for me and the family. Note that the rubicon ones are too close to the body. If they take a hit they will push into the body. Even Aftermarket ones that are 3/4” off the body will push almost to the body on a good hit. I’ve never seen the ace ones in person so have no comment on their abilities.

I don’t understand the comments about exposing the pinch seam. I mean, who cares? Look at rigs built for taking the most abuse and you’ll see pinch seams, exposed paint surfaces around the wheel wells as they pull out the plastic liners, etc. I suppose it’s possible that those that expect to abuse their vehicles more than others don’t worry so much about things like that. I personally don’t even notice pinch seams.

Anyway, everyone should build their Jeep to whatever their needs and desires are. Glad we all have options that fit our builds.

05EF44AE-CDCC-436A-BD86-07EBC4C28BC1.jpeg

8DD745DA-E71E-41F8-984A-822818E012FC.jpeg

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the LOD because you don’t have to mess with the body frame bolts, and the quality was top notch. I hear good things about Ace but the LOD stuff was impressive.

Sponsored

Mr.Smith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X
I have the ACE and I'm happy with the looks and the the quality of the steps. Match perfectly with the factory rock rails

OP
OP
DodgeZ

DodgeZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
I went with the LOD destroyer sliders. Mine is built for rock crawling and I have hit them a bunch and they have done great and the step works well for me and the family. Note that the rubicon ones are too close to the body. If they take a hit they will push into the body. Even Aftermarket ones that are 3/4” off the body will push almost to the body on a good hit. I’ve never seen the ace ones in person so have no comment on their abilities.

I don’t understand the comments about exposing the pinch seam. I mean, who cares? Look at rigs built for taking the most abuse and you’ll see pinch seams, exposed paint surfaces around the wheel wells as they pull out the plastic liners, etc. I suppose it’s possible that those that expect to abuse their vehicles more than others don’t worry so much about things like that. I personally don’t even notice pinch seams.

Anyway, everyone should build their Jeep to whatever their needs and desires are. Glad we all have options that fit our builds.

05EF44AE-CDCC-436A-BD86-07EBC4C28BC1.jpeg

8DD745DA-E71E-41F8-984A-822818E012FC.jpeg
I ordered the destroyers. can't wait to get them

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Where are you getting that price at? Usually LOD is a few hundred more...
LOD is having a big sale right now. probably trying to stir up business during this downtime. i was looking at their bumpers last night, 20% off.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

it appears that the LOD would be a better "step" due to the flat area with grippy protrusions. this is important for small children, as opposed to a round tube to step on. same with women if they are wearing heels or something. the LOD also completely block out the bottom which would prevent rocks and mud/etc from flying up the side of the jeep (some at least). both are legit for rock sliding protection.

i think the two main things to consider are which one looks better to YOU (as they are both very different) and if you need a nice flat step for you and your passengers.

i have small kids and a wife, and a mother in law. having a nice flat step was very important to me. but i also wanted slider protection. and also very important, i didnt want to mess with the body bolts at all. i went with the westin snyper step sliders. i have banged and dragged them on rocks. not even a dent. they make killer standing platforms as well. we're short people and we have a soft top lol. downside, they sit kind of low. not below the frame but when you are squeezing past a tall rock they are likely to hit. eventually id probably go with something angled up more. i like the Rock Hard sliders. theyre like the ACE but even more stout it seems. although id have to deal with the body bolts with those.

Westin Snyper Triple Tube
https://www.quadratec.com/p/westin/snyper-triple-tube-rock-rails-jeep-wrangler-jl-unlimited-4-door

Rock Hard
https://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-90104.htm

Sponsored

jljeepgurl

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport
I have a stock 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL unlimited. Does anyone have pictures of the Ace rock rail/step that does not have a Rubi Rail?? Would like to see how they look without. Thx!!

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I have toured the ACE Engineering plant and met the people there. The place was super clean and the employees were very professional. I do own an Ace Engineering Stand Alone Tire carrier and rear bumper. The tire carrier is super solid and I don't think you could hurt the rear bumper with tank. I think you could rip the Jeep in half before that bumper would give an 1/8 of an inch. The workmanship is top notch. The fit and finish is excellent and the welds are a work of art. I would expect their rock sliders to be the same.

I have no experience with LOD so no comment on them. I do have the Roam Offroad side steps and they are a lot like the LOD. I have pounded the Roam steps in Moab, around Colorado and in Tennessee. They have taken a bunch of hits and held up well.

Dano36

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon, 2016 Torch Red Corvette, 2018 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Whatever it takes.
Could not be more pleased with the LoD Destroyers.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
I have the LOD Signature and stupid easy install. The step is very practical. I do not care about the visual pinch seam.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Price is the same right now. Which one is better? Is it worth keeping the stock Rubicon slider? Side note, the kids and wife need a little help getting in with the lift and 37s.
LOD Destroyers.
Sponsored